Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:49 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times

Advertisements

Only Paris Degaulle, Paris Beauvis and Moscow airport are worse. Voted on by travelers on the basis of safety concerns, lack of comfortable seating, rude staff, hostile security, poor facilities, no (or few) services to pass the time, bribery, and general hassles of being in the airport. Number 4 in the world, of course number 1 in North America.

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/worst-airports.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 10:18 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,286,861 times
Phew! Good thing it's 2011 now!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times
I've been to LAX and CDG and neither are that bad. JFK is a really crappy airport, same with Newark. I've also been flown into Rio De Janiero which is hands down the crummies airport for a big city i've ever visited. i'd also like to add that generally speaking asian airports are the nicest of all while european airports are overrated. the nicest airport i've ever been in is probably SFO.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:34 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
I think the best I ever been to is Seoul-Incheon, then SFO

Old 04-12-2011, 12:53 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,012,837 times
I judge an airport by how much I like/dislike getting stuck there for several hours. LAX is definitely lacking in that department and feels dated. It lacks seating and food choices and the place wasn't designed with modern security procedures in mind. The newer airports feel more like malls with their towering ceilings and abundance of food/shopping.

CDG reminds me of the movie Clockwork Orange with it's 70's design and a confusing layout that only the French could come up with. They ran out of gates like 15 years ago and can't be bothered to build more. So it's not uncommon to be loaded onto a bus that takes you out to your airplane.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:34 PM

420 posts, read 877,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
Phew! Good thing it's 2011 now!
LMAO!!!

Old 04-12-2011, 02:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
Only Paris Degaulle, Paris Beauvis and Moscow airport are worse. Voted on by travelers on the basis of safety concerns, lack of comfortable seating, rude staff, hostile security, poor facilities, no (or few) services to pass the time, bribery, and general hassles of being in the airport. Number 4 in the world, of course number 1 in North America.

Worst Airports in the World | sleepinginairports.net
WEll I don't know about safety and seats but I do agree it isn't very friendly. We were there last spring. It has never been my favorite airport and yet, anything is better than Miami. I guess those taking the survey haven't experienced flying in and out of there.

NIta

Old 04-12-2011, 02:37 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
I judge an airport by how much I like/dislike getting stuck there for several hours. LAX is definitely lacking in that department and feels dated. It lacks seating and food choices and the place wasn't designed with modern security procedures in mind. The newer airports feel more like malls with their towering ceilings and abundance of food/shopping.

CDG reminds me of the movie Clockwork Orange with it's 70's design and a confusing layout that only the French could come up with. They ran out of gates like 15 years ago and can't be bothered to build more. So it's not uncommon to be loaded onto a bus that takes you out to your airplane.
I agree with the dated part, I don't think it has changed much in 30 years.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:54 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,230,171 times
The people who voted have clearly never been to Logan airport.

I've been to lots and lots of airports, and while LAX isn't the best, it's also not even CLOSE to being the worst!

Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM

38,864 posts, read 22,849,388 times
I agree about LAX. Not very highly rated as far as helpfulness and amenities. John Wayne Airport in Irvine is much nicer. I've never been to Ontario but have heard it's pleasant. One of the nicest airports I've been to outside of California is Eppley Airfield in Omaha, Nebraska. It's SO sparkling clean inside that you could eat off the floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
I've been to LAX and CDG and neither are that bad. JFK is a really crappy airport, same with Newark. I've also been flown into Rio De Janiero which is hands down the crummies airport for a big city i've ever visited. i'd also like to add that generally speaking asian airports are the nicest of all while european airports are overrated. the nicest airport i've ever been in is probably SFO.
I wholeheartedly agree with you about the NYC-area airports. I have family in New Jersey and have flown in and out of Newark to visit them. All I can say is "YIKES"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles