U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-22-2011, 01:17 AM

2,228 posts, read 2,036,437 times

Advertisements

This evening I drove down San Vicente past the restaurant where Obama was dining, and saw several crowds of people standing on the sidewalks. I assumed some of them were protestors, wanting to sound off about the economy, the price of fuel, these protracted wars on the other side of the globe at the behest of AIPAC and JINSA, the trade imbalances with Asia, etc., so I parked at the VA and walked for five minutes to the north side of San Vicente across from The Tavern (which was better back when it was a Hamburger Hamlet and people with middle class incomes could afford it).

So then, there was nobody protesting!

I was all ready to sound off, but all around there were just a bunch of Brentwood locals standing around chatting and such. What a disappointment -- I felt as though if I tried to begin a protest the people dining in the posh restaurant behind me (used to be Regular Jon's and also affordable to the middle class) would have thrown breadsticks and glasses of wine at me.

I really hate the Westside...bunch of zombies...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 07:22 AM

513 posts, read 494,723 times
cool story, bro

Old 04-22-2011, 08:13 AM

3,383 posts, read 3,011,718 times
let me guess, your'e from Orange county

Old 04-22-2011, 12:40 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,815,406 times
Crazy enough you drove down San Vicente during Obama traffic.

Probably 80% of Brentwood still supports Obama so no protesting going on. Even Brentwood conservatives won't be the protesting type.

Tavern is a great restaurant. Definitely a special occasion kind of place, and quintessential brentwood establishment.

Interesting how Obama spends all his time with the liberal elite at Tavern and Sony Studios but never goes to where the working class are. He avoids them like the plague.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 PM

11,983 posts, read 13,379,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
T
The L.A. Times showed pictures of protestors outside Sony Studios when he appeared there, so the problem may not be so much Westside apathy but Brentwood apathy.

Every Westside neighborhood is overwhelmingly, overwhelmingly Dem.

And "affordable restaurants" and "Brentwood" don't go together. Hard enough finding them in West LA without looking for them in Brentwood.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:24 PM

124 posts, read 172,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Interesting how Obama spends all his time with the liberal elite at Tavern and Sony Studios but never goes to where the working class are. He avoids them like the plague.
But that's not true... he cares for the poor... unlike those cold-hearted bastards that won't pay for their entitlements.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:44 PM

7,599 posts, read 6,670,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahnessuh View Post
cold-hearted bastards that won't pay for their entitlements.
You mean the ones who are 'entitled' to avoid paying taxes by bribing politicians?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:21 PM

12,499 posts, read 9,383,890 times
Maybe they didn't have compelling reasons to protest and chose to observe instead.

[that's what you did]

Old 04-23-2011, 12:00 AM

749 posts, read 991,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post

As the "Captain of the S.S. Hateboat" I guess you know a lot about hating!

I bet you wish you could have been a member of the S.S. Is Hitler your hero?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles