U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 AM

2,788 posts, read 2,882,194 times

Advertisements

Honestly, the drive from Miracle Mile to UCLA and Miracle Mile to downtown isn't bad. Plenty of people manage everyday with far worse. And remember the little "shortcut" I gave you in the other thread. So if you have to live in Miracle Mile, not a bad thing at all. Great area.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 AM

20 posts, read 37,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Honestly, the drive from Miracle Mile to UCLA and Miracle Mile to downtown isn't bad. Plenty of people manage everyday with far worse. And remember the little "shortcut" I gave you in the other thread. So if you have to live in Miracle Mile, not a bad thing at all. Great area.
Cool man, thanks for helping me keep things in perspective! If I end up in Miracle Mile, I'll definitely try out that shortcut you mentioned. Worse case scenario, I'd be in a great area with a commute that isn't as bad as some. If I find a great place in the Beverly Center area, it's just icing on the cake.

Like I said, I'll try driving around one day, and see if anything pops up. If I can't find anything that I'm happy with, it's not the end of the world.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:27 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,971,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB32 View Post
So I guess I've narrowed down the areas to Miracle Mile, Beverly Hills, and Beverly Center.

After all this searching online, I have yet to find a place in the Beverly Hills or Beverly Center areas that I'm happy with. I found a couple of places just outside Beverly Hills that seem okay, but I fear that they aren't in the safest places, so I might as well not.

Miracle Mile has the best apartments that I've seen, offering the most amenities. But then again, it's a little bit of a drive.

Unless someone knows of a website that offers really nice apartments (just updated and nice looking from the exteriors to the interiors, preferable fitness center, in-unit washer/dryer, etc.) in the Beverly Hills or Beverly Center areas, I'm gonna go ahead and try just driving around and see if there's something I like, because I can't find it online. Ideally, I'd find the apartments I've found in Miracle Mile and put it in the Beverly Hills or Beverly Center areas, but that's not possible.

Since I'm from out of the area, I'm gonna go there one day, drive around, and hope for the best. If I can't find anything, I guess Miracle Mile will work, even if it's farther out.

If anyone has any opinions to help me out with this dilemma, let me know.

A lot of people on these forums knock Park La Brea Apartments because of the corporate nature of the complex, but I would check it out. Maybe it will work for you. You have to figure that for every 10 people that complain about it, 90 are satisfied.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:47 PM

20 posts, read 37,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
A lot of people on these forums knock Park La Brea Apartments because of the corporate nature of the complex, but I would check it out. Maybe it will work for you. You have to figure that for every 10 people that complain about it, 90 are satisfied.
Yeah, I just might. Their rent makes it worth a look. I feel the same way about all the negative feedback you read about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles