Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 10:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,291 times

Advertisements

my family and I are planning on moving to Santa Clarita in July to rent a two bedroom apartment. i have a todler and a preschooler. which areas are the best places for us to consider. our budget is a rental of between $1,200-1300 a month.
my husband and I work at Santa monica and we are aware of the traffic situation from Santa Clarita to other parts of LA but that's not a problem for us.
which areas have the best schools for us to enroll our kids. can we have the names of some of the schools?
Thank you for the time you've taken to read this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 10:53 PM

139 posts, read 299,752 times
I live in Santa Clarita and granted most of the schools are good, rent will start at about the high $1600s. There are some places you may be able to find that are around the $1200 range in the Newhall, Saugus, or Canyon Country areas. Someone may have better insight to other areas.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,291 times
thanks a lot for your advice. I'll like to know if Saugus and Canyon Country are equally safe as Newhall or Valencia.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:27 AM

105 posts, read 305,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andracole View Post
thanks a lot for your advice. I'll like to know if Saugus and Canyon Country are equally safe as Newhall or Valencia.
Generally speaking of those four, Saugus and Valencia are the safest. I don't think there is a bad neighborhood in either of those towns. Canyon Country and Newhall are comprised of mostly safe neighborhoods, but there are a few neighborhoods that are kind of sketchy.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:56 PM

11 posts, read 28,055 times
Smile schools in Santa Clarita and $1200-$1300 rent

Rent is pretty expensive in Santa Clarita, you might be able to find something on the ease side of the valley in Canyon Country area, most 2 bedrooms on the west side of the valley are going for $1600-1850 depending on the building, sorry you won't be able to get a house for that amount, if someone advertises one in that range - RUN!!! IT'S A SCAM!!! schools will be determined by where you live in the city and unfortunately the school sites don't publish their boundaries as they can change year to year due to new construction of communities. My brother used to live on Delight several years ago and his kids went to school there in the neighborhood, they were happy with it. Good luck to you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles