Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:38 AM

25 posts, read 169,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
I would say so, very proud of our community, passionate about alot of the happenings and sustaining of the community. A few churches you may want to check as well are West Angeles and First AME.
Thats great i love hearing that , i am also a proud successfull black man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 11:50 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times
Default Pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricker View Post
Thats great i love hearing that , i am also a proud successfull black man
Shoot me a PM and I can put you in contact with several Ladera Heights/Baldwin Hills/View Park professional organizations you can be apart of and network with when you get there or before you arrive.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:02 PM

58 posts, read 194,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
I would say so, very proud of our community, passionate about alot of the happenings and sustaining of the community. A few churches you may want to check as well are West Angeles and First AME.
And Crenshaw Christian Center. Although it is not located in the immediate area, still a number of it's members reside in Ladera as well as Board Members etc. etc.

I believe Dr. Price also lived there at one time.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:36 AM

169 posts, read 859,110 times
Ladera is NICE, the first time I rode through there I was envious the whole time

Old 08-25-2007, 11:27 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Are you still looking for a racially segregated neighborhood like you asked in Atlanta?

Old 08-25-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Are you still looking for a racially segregated neighborhood like you asked in Atlanta?
well i am looking for a affluent black area , i am familiar with ladera heights , as i lived in los angeles before , i am not that familiar with atlanta , also i like the feeling of the west better than the south

Old 08-31-2007, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,648 times
Default Racist?

I am African American and I have a question...if someone white had posted, " What neighborhood can I find affluent whites, I really like living around affluent white people." What kind of response would you have?

Just a thought.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:44 AM

234 posts, read 1,157,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbruin View Post
I am African American and I have a question...if someone white had posted, " What neighborhood can I find affluent whites, I really like living around affluent white people." What kind of response would you have?

Just a thought.

lol a racist one. I think he would feel more comfortable around alot of blacks but i wouldnt. i know how we can be but its better to have diversity.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
lol a racist one. I think he would feel more comfortable around alot of blacks but i wouldnt. i know how we can be but its better to have diversity.
its just a natural fact most people tend to want to be around their own race .( you find that in any city in the usa)

Old 09-07-2007, 12:46 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricker View Post
its just a natural fact most people tend to want to be around their own race .( you find that in any city in the usa)
I don't totally agree with this. I think it is natural to be around SOME people of your own race, but not necessarily ALL people of your own race. Personally, I prefer diversity and members of many races. I find it makes life more interesting and educational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles