U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 07:46 AM

3 posts, read 8,422 times

Advertisements

Hello, you've probably heard this a 10000 times before. But im a student on work&travel program, coming in Santa Monica on June 8th. Was searching on google a lot before i post here, anyway can anyone suggest some website or something that can help me find an apartment not a luxury one in Santa Monica. We are around 5-6 people so we are looking for 2-3 bedroom apartment or house or anything that is not over 2500$(i hope that is not too low). But please dont suggest me website like rent, apartments, westside rentals because cant find anything normal there. Forgot to mention that we will stay around 3 1/2 months there so not looking for long term lease apartments. Also wanted to ask is it hard to find a job there.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Nikoj; 06-01-2011 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: Title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM

30,509 posts, read 33,322,731 times
What do you mean by "normal"? Those are the sites most people use unless they know someone or happend to see a FOR RENT sign. Padmapper.com is also a good one.

My daughter got her first place using Westside Rentals and her second one using craigslist so if you honestly can't find what you are looking for it probably doesn't exist. The fact that you want a short term thing is what's going to be a problem. You may be better off in a cheap motel or something.

And yes it's hard to find a job. Good luck.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 AM

3 posts, read 8,422 times
By normal i mean not luxury apartments furnished with stuff that pump up the price. If you want to contact a menager from ad from westside rentals you need to pay sign up fee and stuff like that. I tried on craiglist by every response i got was "Hello, im on missionary mission blabla" wich is scam so i gave up. Ill try that one that you suggested padmapper.

Thanks.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:01 PM

30,509 posts, read 33,322,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikoj View Post
By normal i mean not luxury apartments furnished with stuff that pump up the price. If you want to contact a menager from ad from westside rentals you need to pay sign up fee and stuff like that. I tried on craiglist by every response i got was "Hello, im on missionary mission blabla" wich is scam so i gave up. Ill try that one that you suggested padmapper.

Thanks.
On craigslist look under sublets. It's fairly easy to spot a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or