U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-16-2011, 10:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,731 times

Advertisements

Colfax/ Riverside Drive, Wilshire and Barrington, or Wilshire and Robertson

-Actress with office job in Hollywood
-900 monthly budget
- Looking to network with entertainment business professionals
-Commuting downtown and Wilshire/La Brea twice per week

Which is my best option? Helppp! These are all actual option with the same price tag.

Last edited by AngelinoActress; 06-16-2011 at 11:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 PM

12,006 posts, read 13,504,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinoActress View Post

-900 monthly budget

Which is my best option? Helppp!
While Wilshire and Robertson (Beverly Hills) would be the best option for your budget, it would also be the most expensive of the three options. Although all three are in expensive neighborhoods.

Studio City would be the least expensive of the three, but still out of your price range. It would also be the 2nd best of the 3.

Brentwood is the worst location of the 3, and a very overrated, overpriced, and dull neighborhood. Crossing the 405 can be even worse than crossing the hills. If you can live your life without crossing the 405, it would be better. However, your budget doesn't allow for any of the areas you mentioned. (I assume the 900 is your housing budget, if it's your total budget than you should forget about California). Your budget's more in the Hollywood category than the Studio City, Beverly Hills, or Brentwood category. If you're just getting a room in someone's house then Studio City or parts of West Hollywood might be possible.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:03 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,969,967 times
I would go with Studio City. You can get a roommate and be within that range. The benefits of Studio City are you have the close by red line train into Hollywood and Downtown. This avoids having to drive thru traffic and park. You don't have that option in Bev Hills or Brentwood.

You will meet a ton of industry people in all 3 locations, just the variety differs. Beverly Hills has a lot of A list talent and people trying to network/make it/live the life. Brentwood is starting to become younger with the apartments and a lot of the more established industry people live there, but the networkers tend to be on the rise it seems. Studio City is the hidden gem. It is a lot of the mid range folks, which means the ones that are willing to help out other people. I've met more people that are deep into the entertainment industry (not necessarily A listers, but successul nonetheless) in Studio City/Sherman Oaks without really looking for it that I should consider going into the business.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,731 times
These are all actually places with the same price tag that I'm considering.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 PM

12,006 posts, read 13,504,039 times
Quote:
These are all actually places with the same price tag that I'm considering.
If you can afford the places in question: I'd completely rule out Brentwood - too far away, not that much going on, and even more traffic nightmares than the other areas.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:53 PM

12,980 posts, read 18,899,217 times
Quote:

-900 monthly budget

Which is my best option? Helppp! These are all actual option with the same price tag.
Do what every other "actress" who moves here does - do North Hollywood or get a roommate in NoHo or Valley Village.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:55 PM

76 posts, read 92,640 times
FYI, Riverside Drive and Colfax Ave are in Valley Village, not Studio City. I used to live right around there a couple years back.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:53 AM

62 posts, read 66,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Crossing the 405 can be even worse than crossing the hills. If you can live your life without crossing the 405, it would be better.
What he said, times 10! Stay far far away from Brentwood, unless you'll be working and spending most of your time on the Westside.

Studio city is fantastic.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:26 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,032,522 times
Studio City.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:59 PM

3,415 posts, read 4,584,651 times
Studio City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles