Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:58 AM

9 posts, read 12,104 times

Advertisements

So ive been in Florida over a year now and considering moving to LA next year. I have an older brother who lives in LA currently and a few cousins and uncles who live in san diego. Seems like career opportunities in the auto industry as a vw/bmw/mercedes technician since things here have gone south and all the places ive considered have nothing good to offer. Plus im here by myself. I hate winter after 25 years of it of growning up near Virginia beach and in north east Ga. Im an 26 single black guy with no kids and love the city as well as coastal life. I know its expensive out there which is not a problem. Although i have a car is heavily modified and is street leagal. I also know there is a emissions issue in LA since its in a valley but will i have to get rid of my car and also want to know if there are any places houses or apartment for under $1500 a month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 12:08 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anewstep View Post
So ive been in Florida over a year now and considering moving to LA next year. I have an older brother who lives in LA currently and a few cousins and uncles who live in san diego. Seems like career opportunities in the auto industry as a vw/bmw/mercedes technician since things here have gone south and all the places ive considered have nothing good to offer. Plus im here by myself. I hate winter after 25 years of it of growning up near Virginia beach and in north east Ga. Im an 26 single black guy with no kids and love the city as well as coastal life. I know its expensive out there which is not a problem. Although i have a car is heavily modified and is street leagal. I also know there is a emissions issue in LA since its in a valley but will i have to get rid of my car and also want to know if there are any places houses or apartment for under $1500 a month?
Did you save the stock parts? Swap them back so you can pass the smog certification.

And by all means, come on out!

Old 02-09-2014, 05:38 PM

601 posts, read 755,868 times
As long as you don't need a huge place, you can very easily find apartments for under 1500 a month.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:04 PM

Thanks grubie. Visiting my older brother in september for some vacation time. Not to concerned about alot of space 2 bedrooms will do just fine. Looking to rent a small house if possible near Los Angeles in a nice part of town.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:57 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Thanks grubie. Visiting my older brother in september for some vacation time. Not to concerned about alot of space 2 bedrooms will do just fine. Looking to rent a small house if possible near Los Angeles in a nice part of town.
It's GURBIE. Grubie's my cousin from Berdoo.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:46 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
I've lived in both places, south Florida and LA (as well as San Diego) and i love Fla and Calif.

You get warmer weather in Dec and Jan in Florida, its somewhat cold in LA during that time of year, esp at night, in the 40s and whatnut, but there's no rain in LA and even though its a little chilly in the winter in LA, its still amazingly great weather for sure. LA is more expensive however.

Look at it this way, if you don't like LA, you can always move back, nothing would stop you from going back to FLA.

GL with whatever you decide.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
It's GURBIE. Grubie's my cousin from Berdoo.
Sorry dude.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I've lived in both places, south Florida and LA (as well as San Diego) and i love Fla and Calif.

You get warmer weather in Dec and Jan in Florida, its somewhat cold in LA during that time of year, esp at night, in the 40s and whatnut, but there's no rain in LA and even though its a little chilly in the winter in LA, its still amazingly great weather for sure. LA is more expensive however.

Look at it this way, if you don't like LA, you can always move back, nothing would stop you from going back to FLA.

GL with whatever you decide.
Sadly I live in north Florida Gainesville to be correct and it sucks so bad here. Ill be looking for a job soon in south florida maybe next week. Hate the weather up here but love the weather in the south as well as LA. My older brother told me how expensive it is to live out there and seeing the gas prices almost made me reconsider driving out there. The atmosphere in LA is like no other and hopefully things look up soon. Well gonna visit soon and see how it really is out there and make my decision. Thanks for the input bruh.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:12 PM

268 posts, read 890,173 times
Quote:
Sadly I live in north Florida Gainesville to be correct and it sucks so bad here. Ill be looking for a job soon in south florida maybe next week. Hate the weather up here but love the weather in the south as well as LA. My older brother told me how expensive it is to live out there and seeing the gas prices almost made me reconsider driving out there. The atmosphere in LA is like no other and hopefully things look up soon. Well gonna visit soon and see how it really is out there and make my decision. Thanks for the input bruh.
Gainesville sucks. Have you thought about Orlando? The weather is a lot different from Gainesville in the winter although it's not that far from here. For some reason Gainesville is where all the hard freezes start in the state.

There is a lot to do in Orlando and you are close enough to the beaches. I also lived in LA for 7 years...great place but just too expensive and taxed way too much for my taste.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:33 PM

28 posts, read 74,298 times
The Tampa Bay area is another place in FL to consider. The Gulf of Mexico is much warmer than the Pacific Ocean . . . so if you like beaches and swimming, Tampa can actually be nicer than LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles