U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:30 AM

9 posts, read 18,266 times
Default Me and my friend need a place to live In LA!

Hello everyone, my name is Mike and my friend who is moving to his name is Mike as well. We currently live In Fort Myers Florida and it is horrible here, no idea why anyone would want to move out here we made that mistake. We want to move to LA somewhere nice but it doesn't have to be rich as long as it is not ghetto (I got enough of that when I lived in Detroit which is where I am from). Anyway we have been looking and spending countless hourse on the internet looking for motels that allow people to live there because to be honost I know for a fact we won't be able to find an apartment so what I am asking is.. Does anyone know any motels out in LA that let people do weekly or bi-weekly or even monthly rates? Someone told me motel6 does but when I called them they said they do not! Please any advice would be awesome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 11:06 AM

19 posts, read 1,538 times
Unless you plan on staying at Extended Stay (Marriot)
you will most likely only find
ghetto places you wish to avoid. I've lived in Long Beach
and the Inland Empire. The people I've personally seen
that live in motels are not the type of people I'd want
for neighbors.

Some areas of Long Beach are nice and quite affordable.
You could rent a one bed for $900 and one of you could
sleep in the living room. Keep checking out Craigs List.

P.s. What makes Fort Myers horrible? You just may be
signing up for the same problems out here.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:18 AM

631 posts, read 2,153,776 times
go on craigslist.com and see if you could find any roommates or house to share for your first phase of LA living. There is also roommates.com to check into. Those extended stay hotels can get pretty pricey on a weekly basis... even the ghetto ones. Try to stay away from those!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:05 PM

9 posts, read 18,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetssplendor View Post
P.s. What makes Fort Myers horrible? You just may be
signing up for the same problems out here.
The reason why Fort Myers sucks is because well, you would have to come here to find out. Everyone says this place is tropical and paradise and is a beautiful place to be. It definatley is not! The nightlife scene sucks, the job market is horrible, there is nothing to do.. It's being ran over with mexican's. I'm not racist but when 70 percent of Fort Myers population is mexican and they can't speak english and they are here illegaly taking everyone's jobs... I really don't like them.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:13 PM

3,206 posts, read 8,841,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JigsawMCM85 View Post
The reason why Fort Myers sucks is because well, you would have to come here to find out. Everyone says this place is tropical and paradise and is a beautiful place to be. It definatley is not! The nightlife scene sucks, the job market is horrible, there is nothing to do.. It's being ran over with mexican's. I'm not racist but when 70 percent of Fort Myers population is mexican and they can't speak english and they are here illegaly taking everyone's jobs... I really don't like them.

wow. you want to come to LA to escape Mexicans. LA is 45.9% white and 45.6% Hispanic according to Wikipeida...and that was a few years ago. I'm sure it has switched now. Even our DMV booklets are printed in English and Spanish. Not being racist, but lately I hate Hispanics because they are ruining the beautiful areas of LA as well. They come down to the beach area where I live and leave EVERYTHING on the ground. Not one scrap of paper or food is in a trash can...it's on the ground or in the ocean killing our sea life or making it disgusting for people to go swimming in the ocean.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:34 PM

225 posts, read 770,921 times
May I suggest Skid Row? Just east of downtown, around San Pedro St. There are not many Mexicans there--it is mostly blacks, with some whites--and there are lots and lots of places that will let you stay for a few days or weeks. Some even let you live rent-free in exchange for listening to a sermon or two.

Other nice places with not many Mexicans: Utah, North Dakota, France, Iran.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM

26,362 posts, read 53,004,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JigsawMCM85 View Post
...they can't speak english....

Me and my friend need what??

Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM

13 posts, read 32,981 times
LOL........ move to the Mid-West or North East to stay far away from the ghetto and the Mexicans. JK.

Los Angeles is very diverse and we live here bec. we like diversity.

Good luck.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:47 PM

2,105 posts, read 5,361,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Me and my friend need what??
charles, that's a peeve of yours, isn't it? (remember the aspiring broadcaster?)

Old 08-08-2007, 03:34 PM

5,348 posts, read 4,580,240 times
Those same spanish people you're running away from are here too.

Most weekly hotel rentals are going to be in extreme ghetto areas. Stay where you are until you can get your racism in check, because there are only a handful of states where there will be no latinos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles