Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 5,875 times

Advertisements

No, I am not making this up. It will be very helpful if you are looking to move into a new neighborhood.

Locate and Share Bad Neighbors in Los Angeles California Before and After You Move (broken link)

-Jason

Last edited by MacManLA; 08-08-2007 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Messed up URL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 01:08 AM

642 posts, read 3,072,120 times
Thumbs up Excellent Reading Site!!

This is great. Thanks for posting. I first went up to see if my name was up there. LOL. Then I loved reading all the reports on specific places. Hilarious and also a great resource. I loved how one person named her neighborhood or complex the 'Library' because they freak at the slightest noise.

Then of course are the reports on the crystal meth lady and on and on. Very cool. Thanks for the post.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:23 AM

652 posts, read 2,803,690 times
Some I like from the Westside:

Quote:
I dont know which unit, but one of my damn neighbors is ALWAYS cooking. Normally thats fine, except for the fact that its ethnic food which smells like ****. Horrible. i have complained to the landlord before and nothing is done about it.
Quote:
What part of a 45 foot height limit don't you people get? Your building looks like a hospital, and your money stinks of petro-dollars. Hope that $500 million you paid for the lot wasn't yours, because it is gone... Someday this whole adventure will be a great HBS case study.
Others were funny too, but too "racial" to post here. Look for the one about yard sales...

Old 08-09-2007, 01:55 AM

642 posts, read 3,072,120 times
LOL! I know that first one killed me (the neighbor cooking). Heck, now I'm crackin' up all over again. I didn't get to the yard sales one yet. Thanks for the tip.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:23 AM

636 posts, read 2,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManLA View Post
No, I am not making this up. It will be very helpful if you are looking to move into a new neighborhood.

Locate and Share Bad Neighbors in Los Angeles California Before and After You Move (broken link)

-Jason
Ooooh. I love these kind of websites.. Gawd Bless the internet. Going to check it out now... since Mother Nature woke me with an earthquake.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:47 AM

636 posts, read 2,643,906 times
Quote:

-Jason
Another good website:

Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters

Old 08-09-2007, 03:34 AM

179 posts, read 921,379 times
well that was less then helpful. Just claims and maps, no addresses or anything useful. without addresses, it's ****en useless.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:37 AM

179 posts, read 921,379 times
Quote:

-Jason

oh and just on a personal note, why is there such a big gap over east L.A. if it's supposedly a bad neighborhood (atleast according to O'rielly)?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:51 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
I loved the one about the property line battle - good stuff. I would love to add my 2 cents on this website but I wouldn't know which neighbor to begin with - good grief. I can't even fathom what people living in an apartment have to deal with on a daily basis - I would not want to be smelling other people's ethnic food cooking all day, and I certainly would not like to wake up to what some of these folks do at 4 am.

Some of these scenarios described are quite obviously about people living on the wrong side of the law. Interesting that none of the commonly considered 'seedy areas' have any reports - probably because the people who live there all do what was described so it doesn't strike them as different or wrong, and they probably don't spend much time browsing internet sites either.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:57 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstrak_tokatl View Post
oh and just on a personal note, why is there such a big gap over east L.A. if it's supposedly a bad neighborhood (atleast according to O'rielly)?
Because:

1) You need an internet connection and the ability to type in English to use that site

2) If you've lived in a 3rd world country or US ghetto all your life, you'll tolerate terrible living conditions without complaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles