Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 03:25 PM

67 posts, read 186,189 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestions for realtors in LA County? I am looking to rent. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 10:13 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Apartments for Rent in Los Angeles - PadMapper Map-Based Apartment Search (Oodle, Apartments.com, and Craigslist)

Old 07-21-2011, 08:23 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish94 View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestions for realtors in LA County? I am looking to rent. Thanks!
Here in CA realtors sell homes. You need to look for a rental manager.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:47 PM

11 posts, read 49,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Here in CA realtors sell homes. You need to look for a rental manager.
I know my realtor posts when she has rentals for our area so perhaps it depends on the realtor

Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM

67 posts, read 186,189 times
Thanks! Any suggestions for rental managers?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:42 AM

11 posts, read 49,771 times
Have you tried Charles great suggestions yet?

Those should lead you to the Rental Managers.

I know I found my apartment when I first came to LA through though ads in the newspaper that advertises for rental properties (apartments). That's how we found our first place. After that, we moved to a different location and just found places in free publications that you can get in Ralphs. Not sure if they still do that though. But Charles suggestion seems like a good place to start.

try move.com as well (which used to be rent.net)

Hope that helps

Old 11-14-2013, 07:29 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,185,198 times
Most Americans don't trust real estate agents, poll finds - latimes.com

Old 11-14-2013, 05:06 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektowaga_Chester View Post
That is interesting it is that high...especially since most homeowners that sell seem to use an agent to sell their home.

Personally I feel real estate agents are one of the professionals that too often overstate their importance,and they spend a ton of money to keep themselves relevant even though there could be better alternatives.

Especially in a hot market I see less of a need for an agent for selling.

I think people have the misconception that you can't list on the MLS yourself but you can. You can pay a flat fee for this service, usually under $500.

For the paperwork, even if you had an attorney review a contract it still should not be that much.

Sites like Redfin.com allow you to see all the comps/recent sales in your area for L.A and other markets.

You can also see current listings and get a good idea of what your house is worth.

With the money you save you could hire an amazing photographer, hire an amazing stager , you can market your own open houses with free food, all of these would sell your house quick and at a better price.

On a 500k house which is on the somewhat low end for a lot of L.A , 6% in fees is $30,000..

It takes people a long time to save that amount of money.. Usually even if they are making 'good money'

Even if you listed yourself and offered the Buyer's agent a commission of 3% or so , you'd still be saving tens of thousands on average in L.A

I know this post is about rentals but I think a lot of the reason people don't trust agents is because they overpromise and underdeliver generally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: