U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-24-2011, 02:28 PM

12 posts, read 26,478 times
Default How Is Pasadena, CA?

Hello,

I am interested in living in pasadena, ca and I was wondering how is that place, do they have their own airport, is it safe, the cost of living, etc.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 04:00 PM

4,900 posts, read 4,499,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHaveaquestion? View Post
I was wondering...do they have their own airport
Their "own" airport? Do you mean Burbank Airport as opposed to LAX?
Try: Moving to pasadena- need pasadena residents input
or: Pasadena - South Pasadena

Old 08-24-2011, 04:30 PM

12 posts, read 26,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Their "own" airport? Do you mean Burbank Airport as opposed to LAX?
Try: Moving to pasadena- need pasadena residents input
or: Pasadena - South Pasadena
Ok, Thanks... this might sound funny, but one day I might just build an airport in Pasadena!

Old 12-10-2011, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,886 times
Default Pasadena

I have lived in Pasadena for four years and absolutely it is not safe. My wife has been accosted twice once in a store, once at a train stop, had a bicycle stolen chained to a stantion in broad daylight on lovely Colorado Blvd. There is never a good police presence, yet they are over everynight in helicopters, who pays for that I wonder?
There are so many homeless and aggressive beggars, mainly along Colorado near Old Town. Sure there are wealthy enclaves but way off the beaten track.
Having lived in NJ and NY most of my life Im shocked at the whole LA area how unsafe things are. Never see a cop on a subway in Hollywood, another desperate place I used to unfortuanely live. It seems all the homeless head here or are encouraged by their communities to move here, mistakenly thinking its warm all year around and its not, its pretty cold even now.
So stay away from Pasadena, unless you are mega wealthy its really like stepping back in time, poor policing, poor quality of life, terrible economy which is getting worse by the week. And dont even get me started about and how dangerous downtown is, wow.
And a last note on lovely Pasadena, exactly 8 days after the worst winds for years the city have still not picked up any debris off of our street sidewalks, not even touched, and we pay real estate taxes for what? Thats how great it is to live in Pasadena

Old 12-11-2011, 02:38 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,009,467 times
Pasadena is much better than LA proper.

However, Pasadena is not the safest city in the area because it has too many attractions for non-locals. That tends to bring unwanted elements into the residential neighborhoods.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:03 PM

1,046 posts, read 528,176 times
I used to live in Pasadena. Never had ANY problems.

Pasadena is generally a safe and pleasant place to live.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:22 PM

3,172 posts, read 3,362,883 times
Pasadena's crime rate is below the national average.

It probably doesn't need an airport. There's one in El Monte for small planes, and three major airports nearby for travelers (LAX, Burbank, Ontario).

Old 12-11-2011, 05:44 PM

119 posts, read 239,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
Pasadena is much better than LA proper.

says who?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:32 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,178,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
I have lived in Pasadena for four years and absolutely it is not safe. My wife has been accosted twice once in a store, once at a train stop, had a bicycle stolen chained to a stantion in broad daylight on lovely Colorado Blvd. There is never a good police presence, yet they are over everynight in helicopters, who pays for that I wonder?
There are so many homeless and aggressive beggars, mainly along Colorado near Old Town. Sure there are wealthy enclaves but way off the beaten track.
Having lived in NJ and NY most of my life Im shocked at the whole LA area how unsafe things are. Never see a cop on a subway in Hollywood, another desperate place I used to unfortuanely live. It seems all the homeless head here or are encouraged by their communities to move here, mistakenly thinking its warm all year around and its not, its pretty cold even now.
So stay away from Pasadena, unless you are mega wealthy its really like stepping back in time, poor policing, poor quality of life, terrible economy which is getting worse by the week. And dont even get me started about and how dangerous downtown is, wow. And a last ynote on lovely Pasadena, exactly 8 days after the worst winds for years the city have still not picked up any debris off of our street sidewalks, not even touched, and we pay real estate taxes for what? Thats how great it is to live in Pasadena
Stopped reading here.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:59 AM

267 posts, read 537,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2006 View Post
says who?
Says me...MUCH BETTER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles