Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,861 times

Advertisements

ok you are either a troll on this board
or simply ignorant. you are generalizing so much i dont know where to start!

again how do you know these people are mexican, and how do you know what they are thinking.

this is too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole818 View Post
Jackie, dare I say I'm a very pretty girl. I hate coming off conceited. And the post had nothing to do with physical appearance. But in response to my physical apparance:.... I've had perfect strangers both men and women come up to me and tell me I'm "pretty" or "stunning" more than just a few times. Every one of my husbands friends think I'm beautful. (He is white/caucasian and are the majority of his friends) I absolutely take good care of myself as I am in the beauty industry and have to. I have natural curves but am still skinny. And my face is my strongest/best asset. I am never ever treated blatently rudely by whites, blacks, persians, indians, etc...... except for the mexicans. And I do agree with you it's the mexican women who are mostly BLATENTLY RUDE. Another example: I'm at target rushing in to pick up laundry soap. I walk up with a smile and say hello. The mexican lady completely ignores me. Ok.... Once I'm done paying and she bags my item, I say thank you. No response. It's crap like this thats like "wtf......"

And about my skincolor.... I could care less about attracting mexican men. I'm married! Just because I have naturally fair skin and mexicans don't like that doesn't mean I'm going to go to a tanning bed and fry/orange the crap out of my skin to gain "acceptance" of mexican men or mexicans in general....That is ridiculous. If mexicans are truly being rude and hostile on purpose just because of fair skin tone, if this is REALLY TRUE.... :-/, then this is by far the most shallow race or group of people not even worth trying to understand.

Also, if you read some of these insane/hard to believe quotes DEADMAN posted, this issue lies deeper than gorgeous hair, makeup and a killer outfit and heels. Don't get me wrong, being beautiful is a huge plus and important to put your best face forward, but the issue is deeper than that. Just my two cents.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:01 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,861 times
exactly. further, go to el taurino tacos off of hoover and you see TONS of asians. im sure they are all putting up with mexican racism as they order their burritos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I've lived in CA for eight years total, in SF and LA. In that time, I've been treated with both contempt as well as respect from members of every racial/ethnic group represented here.

A couple weeks ago, myself and an Chinese-American female friend parked on a sidestreet off of Beverly to go into a pet store on the boulevard. I parked my car, which is nicer than what you generally see in the area (shameless plug: see my profile ). As we're walking away, a middle-aged Central American fellow smoking a cigarette says, in broken English, "hey man, ju be careful, they like to ticket where ju parked." I thanked him and told him I used to live around the corner, and he was like, "ju used to live here, man? Wow..."

Blatant disrespect to an upper-middle-class Asian/white couple, since they obviously felt as though we were unwelcome in and trespassing in their land.

Seriously: I don't do "boundaries" as to where I can or can't go in a city. If I want good tacos and I have to go into the barrio for it, I'm there. How many of the people who post here who "really" know what's going on with Mexicans and La Raza and Aztlan and MEXIFORNIA (a gelp-gelp-gelp! What a knee-slapper, Purvis!) have ever actually walked down a street in East LA in the middle of the night wearing glasses and a polo shirt looking for a place that sells Sol? Guarantee you, none, and anyone who says they have done something like this is a liar. The vast, vast bulk of people of any race or ethnicity have absolutely no desire to mess with you or get in your face for anything.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:54 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,977,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
the one[/b];20812064]ok you are either a troll on this board
or simply ignorant. you are generalizing so much i dont know where to start!
I hate to give this stupid thread any more life. But I AGREE, The One, good post.

Note that the O.P. hasn't returned in 5 days and this is the ONLY thread she she ever posted in. Pretty obvious the OP is a troll....thanks for your wonderful contribution to the civic discourse.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,498 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole818 View Post
Jackie, dare I say I'm a very pretty girl.
Without pictures, this statement is not credible.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:43 AM

14 posts, read 40,824 times
About the filipinos. I was with a filipino woman raised in the Philippines and she never considered herself Pacific Islander. In fact she was adamant about saying Filipinos were not Pacific Islanders. But I noticed all the Filipino-American students at our school, well maybe not all, did identify with being Pacific Islander. So, I wouldn't say ALL filipinos feel this way or the majority. My ex and her all her family and friends from the Philippines did not consider themselves Pacific Islander AT ALL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles