Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 12:13 PM

16 posts, read 98,920 times

Advertisements

Stockproipi - Spain occupied the philipines for 300 years. Filipinos genetically have traces of latin blood. Yes they are still asian. And no I'm not ignorant. Wow, some things over type get sooo misunderstood!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:26 PM

144 posts, read 318,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole818 View Post
Stockproipi - Spain occupied the philipines for 300 years. Filipinos genetically have traces of latin blood. Yes they are still asian. And no I'm not ignorant. Wow, some things over type get sooo misunderstood!
Yes, they may have some spanish blood but they are not mexican either.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:35 PM

never said that they were.....

Old 09-01-2011, 12:42 PM

As my very first posting here on this site, I've heard some very interesting stats, opinions from very interesting people. Despite being called ignorant, paranoid, self absorbed and narcissistic LOL it's interesting and informative to see peoples take. I'm coming to the conclusion after 6 pages of chat that there is no answer to "why". It is what it is.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:44 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,958,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Nicole818 is Jackie100. Certainly looks like the same person cross-posting with different accounts.

Regardless, you are incredibly self-absorbed and narcissistic.
Nope. Have a moderator check our ip's to trace where we are posting from. I'm posting from Orange County (If mod did an IP TRACE they could check who my ISP is). It's Cox Cable btw originating from TRABUCO CANYON. Have the moderator check Nicole 818. I dunno where she is but it sure ain't the same location where I'm from. You better watch it who you are accusing.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:45 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,822,268 times
I usually don't venture into posts like this but I'm taking Nicole at her word that she is just asking why she is treated the way she is by Latinos sometimes.
Nicole; I think what fired up some of the posters was asking, "why are the Mexicans here so racist against Asians?". Anytime a poster appears to accuse a group of racism they bring out the superior race relations experts and flame throwers. As some did rightly point out, racism exists in all race and ethnic groups. Just a few thoughts for you:
Based on your comments about your appearance and looks, it may be a matter of jealousy involved and not so much your race. For those of you that were critical of her self evaluation, she responded to those of you that first brought up appearances.
Not all Latinos are Mexicans and maybe some of the offenders are Americans - try not to lump people into one category.
If someone is acting like a jerk, be the bigger person and let it go. I know it's not always easy but don't let some idiot define you by changing your actions. I've walked out of a couple of places when it was abundantly clear I wasn't welcome - their loss, not mine. Only once did I confront an idiot that made fun of my wife's accent (she is from China). I pointed out to him (admittedly in harsher language that I'm using here) that he was now the same people (sic) that would have made fun of his parent's accent. The complete irony is, he had an accent as well - like I said, there's jealousy and shallow people everywhere.
It's unfortunate that so many base their judgement on appearances but in the whole, my experience in LA has been overwhelmingly positive when interacting with other races and ethnic groups. Hopefully, yours has been overall positive and just try to focus on that. It may feel personal when some idiot(s) can't overcome their jealousy and feelings of inferiority and take it out on you and others - but in general, it's not. If you watch awhile you would probably see the same person that skipped over you to wait on a fellow Latino, treat yet another Latino badly - jerks are jerks to everybody.
One of my favorite phrases is; don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff! Just remain secure within yourself; the rest will sort itself out.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,958,764 times
I am ANGRY at being accused that I am the same person as Nicole88 by SALPARADISE. Will any moderator please check both of our IP's and officially confirm that I am not her?! PLEASE.

I am posting from Cox Cable in OC. I do NOT appreciate SALPARADISE saying that we are the same person. I demand an apology.

I am asking a moderator to check our IP's and confirm that I am NOT her (because I am not). I do not appreciate being accused of posting under a different nickname by SALPARADISE.

A moderator can prove that I am NOT her.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 PM

Social Democrat - thank you for getting my original question! And yes, I almost regret even posting this. However, I had a few posters say some interesting things I never knew. If I offended anyone, I am truly sorry. And to clarify, this post was not meant to insult Latinos at all. It was meant to reach out and see if other asian americans have experienced things like what I have experienced. This was a question that was posted to almost be answered in a one sentence answer if the poster wanted to. I don't know how it spiraled into some of the things that were written.

You're very right on don't sweat the small stuff. LA is so incredibly different than were I grew up and even almost 8 years later I'm still adjusting. To note, I have met great friends here and work with amazing people. Not all of my LA experiences have been negative. In fact, despite that sometimes it's too hot here for my taste (I'm from Seattle), this has been one of my only negative experiences that has bothered me. I can ignore the jerks like you said, not catagorize, and take a jerk for a jerk. I assume since LA is so full of population, you are bound statistically to run into more crazies than a less congested city.

Last edited by Nicole818; 09-01-2011 at 01:32 PM..

Old 09-01-2011, 01:05 PM

Moderator, Jackie, SALPARADISE, anyone reading this thread, Jackie and I are absolutely not the same person.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:05 PM

497 posts, read 1,503,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole818 View Post
Moderator, Jackie, SALPARADISE, anyone reading this thread, Jackie and I are absolutely not the same person.
I asked the moderators to assist with a log on problem and they blew me off/no response....So I had to start a new account...used to be greggd.

I flagged your request so maybe they will see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles