U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-04-2011, 09:32 AM

28 posts, read 35,877 times

Advertisements

Well got my acceptance letter to college yesterday and the location of the place is in none other than...Rosemead. How is the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 03:42 PM

5,550 posts, read 5,319,551 times
I've never heard of a college in Rosemead. What's the name of it?

Just looked it up and found The Rosemead College of English, but it's for foreign students. On your other thread, you said you lived in VA and wanted to go to a community college and transfer to USC?

Old 11-04-2011, 04:53 PM

133 posts, read 208,071 times
In terms of location, it's just a few cities away from L.A. proper. Rosemead is considered diverse in that it has a large minority population, consisting of Latinos/Hispanics and an even larger Asian population, especially Vietnamese. Housing is pretty affordable. Some parts of it are very commercial, i.e. many Chinese/Vietnamese restaurants, and it has your standard stores. There are some great Vietnamese cafes and Chinese restaurants in Rosemead, so you're in luck if you like the food.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:25 PM

3,230 posts, read 3,898,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I've never heard of a college in Rosemead. What's the name of it?

Just looked it up and found The Rosemead College of English, but it's for foreign students. On your other thread, you said you lived in VA and wanted to go to a community college and transfer to USC?
There's also a Buddhist college in Rosemead, University of the West.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:33 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,066,967 times
the rosemead is fine last time I was there, I have friends who live in the rosemead and they like it very much over there, very similar to other cities in the south LA county, like the artesia and the la palma

Old 11-05-2011, 01:23 AM

29,010 posts, read 10,275,411 times
Actually - the La Palma is in Orange County - but you right - perhaps the OP would like to check out the Whittier and the Pico Rivera as well.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:01 PM

221 posts, read 330,574 times
Hope this doesn't sound too racist but I'm genuinely curious: What's it like living around a majority hispanic/asian population? I only speak English and know very little about other parts of the world (After all, I am an american)

Old 11-05-2011, 09:10 PM

385 posts, read 400,534 times
Rosemead is a "cheaper" version of the city next to it, "San Gabriel" it has more hispanics than San Gabriel and its overshadowed by San Marino behind it. Its not bad at all, but when you cross its borders into SM or SG it just feels less of a quality area. Its like putting Bel-Air next to South Pasedena, their both nice, one is just better.

Living in an Asian area is different in cultural differences. They dont say bless you when they sneeze, they camp parking spaces, they all speak in their native tounge. Its not rudeness at all, just the way they do things so dont take it personal. The hispanics are different, in that area they are bad at all, theres little gangs, but dont bother them and no one bothers you, be polite and dont take offense. Its pretty cool, very chill.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:33 AM

3,128 posts, read 4,824,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD1985 View Post
Hope this doesn't sound too racist but I'm genuinely curious: What's it like living around a majority hispanic/asian population? I only speak English and know very little about other parts of the world (After all, I am an american)

No one cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles