Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:06 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
I would say once you get east of the 101, yes Hollywood gets gritty and shady quite quickly, as well as a couple blocks south of Sunset and south of there as well. But seriously the main part of Hollywood boulevard from West Hollywood border to the 101 and within three blocks to the south and just fine to the north, has been pretty much gentrified and revitalized.

I'm moving to LA (secured my job and apartment very recently! great partment around Sepulveda and Venice) at the end of this month, and I actually prefer that part of Hollywood to the Sunset Strip. Hollywoods nightlife has more places to eat, drink, etc. that are trendy, sexy, etc. that are more open to anyone, and doesn't involve getting past any velvet ropes. The Sunset strip relatively speaking has more of that ultra exlusive feel.
Oh yeah, I love my part of Hollywood way more then the Sunset Strip. The strip feels... too corporate to me. But really, Western and Hollywood isn't all that bad, and then it only starts to get better from there as you approach the Kaiser Hospital. Further south from Sunset is a little more sketchy, especially around the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, but then it gets nice again as you approach Melrose and Melrose Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 04:14 AM

16 posts, read 30,526 times
I would say Silver Lake because it's not too far away from Hollywood maybe 10 mins?I've been moving all over america as a child and when I was 15 we settled in Highland Park which is also another good place.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 AM

25 posts, read 41,236 times
I'm an actor and just got a place in Hollywood (really it has a west Hollywood address, on the border) and I freaking LOVE it.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:22 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanngcun View Post
Okay so I am going to be moving to LA in a few months and i have a budget for an apartment between $600-2,000. But I am trying to find a great neighborhood that is safe and has good places to eat, go out and a good location for going to casting calls without being late. Thanks!

Probably none of them.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 PM

25 posts, read 41,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Probably none of them.
He's right- you won't find anything for $600- the cheapest you'll find in a livable place in an ok area is around 1100. Still well in your budget though!!!

Good luck!!!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:03 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,595,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyJay View Post
He's right- you won't find anything for $600- the cheapest you'll find in a livable place in an ok area is around 1100. Still well in your budget though!!!

Good luck!!!
A studio can be had in many adequate (or even desirable) areas for $900 if you don't need the space. Generally though, $1200 is the baseline for an average 1 bedroom in an ok area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles