U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-26-2011, 12:07 PM

96 posts, read 97,140 times

Advertisements

It's weird. She's a loner by choice, but wants to make a social statement. She wants to go to the trendy clubs and bars by herself, not to get with some guy or hang out with friends, but to just do so.

As a guy, I would think, "What is her purpose of being here?"

PS, I already read the fact that you made this thread as a social experiment. Also, the same would apply vice versa. If a guy did the same thing you talked about in your posts, every girl I know would be completely weirded out by him. Especially if they're not social creatures.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 12:11 PM

16,587 posts, read 20,162,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtamay3 View Post
My answer would be "working girl."

Old 11-26-2011, 07:57 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,442,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post

4. You may get tired of this scene very quickly. The trendier places also feature the worst part of Hollywood - the pretentious, fake sincere, smile-as-they-stab-you-in-the-back people. These are the kinds of people who would judge you for almost anything, from the brands of clothes you wear to the model of car you drive, etc. Would they judge you for being alone? Possibly. They might also judge you for being in your mid-3os, as youth is everything to those idiots.
No one can tell I'm in my thirties; I'm Asian and look rather young. Some people tend to think I'm 18 and 19.... I have zero wrinkles and am a size 00. I get mistaken as a teenager and once even as someone's "child" due to my size and young looks.

Youth is not a problem for me because most of the time I look too young. My problem is that people think I am TOO YOUNG and as a result I don't get enough respect. I am one of those "ageless asians" that look a good 10+ years younger. My problem is that I don't look old enough, I look too young, believe it or not.

I kind of like the superficial scene to be honest.... I have to admit, I am not really deep or super profound. I'm kinda on the superficial side myself.

Last edited by jackie100; 11-26-2011 at 08:10 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Sky Bar is difficult to get into no matter how hot you are if you didn't make a "reservation" on the list.

I would suggest the W Hotel in Hollywood on a Friday or Saturday night. They will not turn away an attractive female by herself. Park yourself in the lobby bar where they have the big party and you will be set to go. I see single women by themselves all the time.

Another good option is the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. Same deal. They have a cool outdoor pool bar and the cool lobby bar.
I have always wanted to go to the W or Roosevelt so these two sounds like great options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelaki View Post
Ok, is the OP a woman as it sounds in the OP? If so, it does NOT matter your age. Going out alone, especially to bars is just plain stupid and not safe even if you THINK you can take care of yourself. What makes you think you could handle a group of drunk men bent on raping you? Why not be smart and safe and go at least with a friend or group of friends?

And, yes, alone in some establishments you'd be a target and people would think you were there just to be picked up or that you were possibly a prostitute. Now, if there's a neighborhood pub or something that locals go to that would be different but I'd still be careful to go in a group until you get to know the other regular patrons.
Now this is a very paranoid attitude. Sorry I don't agree at all and I will do as I please.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtamay3 View Post

Having a taste of the good life, the glamorous life but by myself. I like to dress up and be seen. Not really into socializing though. Depends on my mood though; some days I might be into socializing so if I feel great that day then who knows, maybe I will talk to people. It depends on my mood. However, most of the time I don't feel social.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:06 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,369,677 times
Stop caring what people think. If you can defend yourself, have a few tricks up your sleeve and have some real confidence to boot, you'll be fine. If you care what people will think, Hollywood will swallow you up. That's what it does. It can be a lot of fun, but "ego" (and I mean that in the psychological sense, not the "egoist" sense) is ripe for destruction out there and people will take advantage of it.

You sound like you're projecting a good deal of confidence in your ability...keep working that in to your true sense of self and I think you'll have a lot of fun...just remember to recognize Los Angeles for what it really is, not what it appears to be.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 PM

197 posts, read 261,126 times
This thread is so full of win !

Hey lady, go out by yourself. No one will notice and no one will care. Have at it.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:58 AM

4,350 posts, read 3,599,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
No one can tell I'm in my thirties; I'm Asian and look rather young. Some people tend to think I'm 18 and 19.... I have zero wrinkles and am a size 00. I get mistaken as a teenager and once even as someone's "child" due to my size and young looks.

Youth is not a problem for me because most of the time I look too young. My problem is that people think I am TOO YOUNG and as a result I don't get enough respect. I am one of those "ageless asians" that look a good 10+ years younger. My problem is that I don't look old enough, I look too young, believe it or not.

I kind of like the superficial scene to be honest.... I have to admit, I am not really deep or super profound. I'm kinda on the superficial side myself.
Wait a minute.... You rant about how judgemental others are and you're concerned about how you'd be treated when going alone. Then tell us how you're superficial and like the superficial scene of the nightspots.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:02 AM

1,170 posts, read 2,384,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregg View Post
This thread is so full of win !

Hey lady, go out by yourself. No one will notice and no one will care. Have at it.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:06 AM

16,587 posts, read 20,162,906 times
I live my life to impress bouncers, doormen, waitresses and bar tenders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles