Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 01:30 PM

145 posts, read 519,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bimmer View Post
Well thanks. I'm not here to score "points"...
You've been successful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,509,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I don't have THIS PROBLEM, remember, everybody else does. I dont care about any of you on the road. Its all about me, and only me. none of you are making my car payment. Its my road as far as Im concerend. I don't care what people think about my attitude. Drive your little cars....feel good, or bad, I don't care. SO THERE.
Thats very interesting...

I also have that attitude to an extent toward SUVs. They are passed on the freeway, they are generally not let in front of me unless its a safety issue, and I usually change lanes to go around them on the city streets/roadways.

As long as your driving an SUV, I own the road. If you want to own it, get a car that can. A utility-SUV vehicle does not have the capability to own anything but big cargo space.

Last edited by greggd; 09-07-2007 at 02:13 PM..

Old 09-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Up until a few years ago, my car was a "last of the big cars" Cadillac. I drove it slow because it didn't have "stop on a dime brakes" -- and the car was made out of real steel (if you know what I mean.) It weighed something like 2 tons so it would have easily cruised over a smaller car made of some modern metal.

I can't wait until my Cadillac is ready to roll again!
My parents both had cadillacs from the 70s & 80s. They were used as family cars back then and had huge trunks space. Now the convertible cadillacs are very popular in Italy. A hot item with some 20-30 year olds.

Cars will crumble now upon impact as it deflects the engery from the impact.
Hoods and front ends are made specifically to do this. THe more energy that is transferred and dissapated means less reaching the occupants. If you ever see racing accidents, you will see the parts fly for that reason.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd View Post
Thats very interesting...

I also have that attitude to an extent toward SUVs. They are passed on the freeway, they are generally not let in front of me unless its a safety issue, and I usually change lanes to go around them on the city streets/roadways.

As long as your driving an SUV, I own the road. If you want to own it, get a car that can. A utility-SUV vehicle does not have the capability to own anything but big cargo space.
Id trade it only for something bigger like a semi or a 747. I think your post is funny. I will let YOU in front....just honk 3 short, three long followed by 3 short (S O S) honks, and Ill know its you. To every one else remember, its MY LANE, I earned it just by the fact that I decided to grace your lives with my GIGANTO MONSTER vehical. We drive slower because our kids in the vehical, which is why most of us bought them anyway.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bimmer View Post
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Relax!
at least I did not wake up (or not wake up) on the wrong side of the ROAD (man that was clever)

Old 09-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I will let YOU in front....just honk 3 short, three long followed by 3 short (S O S) honks, and Ill know its you.
Hahaha ha, I don't honk. You will be passed. "Let" is not an option for you.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd View Post
Hahaha ha, I don't honk. You will be passed. "Let" is not an option for you.
Ill see if I cant take up at least 2 lanes, I deserve both you know. Youll go around, yes...thats a sign that you respect me. Just like the bully in HS, everbody goes around him. You only pass me because I good enough to permit you to. Now, go out to your driveway and change the 9volt battery in your Geo Metro

Old 09-07-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Ill see if I cant take up at least 2 lanes, I deserve both you know. Youll go around, yes...thats a sign that you respect me. Just like the bully in HS, everbody goes around him. You only pass me because I good enough to permit you to. Now, go out to your driveway and change the 9volt battery in your Geo Metro

I gave the geo to your granddad. He drove his buick through a storefront last week.

My cars gets about 8 mpg, by the way.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:46 PM

16 posts, read 27,584 times
I have had my 1995 Chevy Suburban since
July 1997 ! I surely don't drive it to look stylish
that's for sure ! I drive it because I feel safe in it !
It has been the best car ever ! It holds all of our camping
gear and then some ! The only downfall it has is the
mileage ! Since it has a big block 454 in it and its a 4 x 4,
my gas mileage is about 9 mpg ! It sucks for the
back and forth town driving, but excellent for long trips !
(approx $3.00 gal x 42 gallon tank = $126 to fill it ! )
What I hate the most is when I'm driving it, some little
peon driving a tin can, pulls out in front of me and forces
me to brake quickly ! Apparently these morons don't understand
that these cars are like locomotives and need a good distance
to stop ! I am forced with the decision lately to sell it because
the price of gas is horrible these days ! It's been a hard decision
to make, this car has been a part of my life for 10 yrs now !

Old 09-07-2007, 11:39 PM

106 posts, read 316,466 times
Quote:
at least I did not wake up (or not wake up) on the wrong side of the ROAD (man that was clever)
It is all good. Life is really too short to argue about who has the RULE of the road...LOL

PS: I have never bought an American auto and never will. I am a Euro sports-sedan kinda guy--thus I leave SUV's where they belong...in my rear view mirror!

Cheers mate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles