Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 08:35 AM

155 posts, read 748,265 times

Advertisements

I need to get to the Burbank / Bob Hope Airport tomorrow (January 14, 2012), and I was wondering if there is a low cost bus/shuttle to get from the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to the Burbank/Bob Hope Airport (BUR)?

Upon checking out private shuttle services and taxis, the cost is too high ($20+), yet I was wondering if there is a low cost bus that goes between LAX and BUR? If so, can you tell me the name of the bus company (include a link in your post to the company), about how much is a one-way or round-trip on the bus, and where do I catch the bus at LAX.

Thank you in advance.

Wilson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 12:14 PM

1,176 posts, read 3,180,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastWilson View Post
I need to get to the Burbank / Bob Hope Airport tomorrow (January 14, 2012), and I was wondering if there is a low cost bus/shuttle to get from the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to the Burbank/Bob Hope Airport (BUR)?

Upon checking out private shuttle services and taxis, the cost is too high ($20+), yet I was wondering if there is a low cost bus that goes between LAX and BUR? If so, can you tell me the name of the bus company (include a link in your post to the company), about how much is a one-way or round-trip on the bus, and where do I catch the bus at LAX.

Thank you in advance.

Wilson
There are very few public bus companies in the L.A. area. You'd have to rely on the L.A. transit district for "cheap" busses.

$20 sounds very cheap to me. We paid close to that for a taxi from BUR to Universal City. Taking a series of L.A. Metro public busses from LAX to Burbank Airport? That would take longer and be very uncomfortable, IMHO. www.metro.net has info on public transit in L.A. County. But I couldn't find a way for it to give an all-local-bus option (you may have to phone). It gave just two options: 1) Using the default rail-and-bus option: FlyAway bus from LAX to Union station, and Metrolink commuter train from there (est. 60-90 mins.); 2) Using all-bus option under "Advanced" options: FlyAway bus to Van Nuys, and local busses from there (est. 120-180 mins.). While the first option may cost $13+ and the second one $7+, the time difference is substantial. Fares/schedules for Metrolink trains can be found at http://www.metrolinktrains.com/ Beyond that you'll have to do some Web searching and/or phone calling to see if you can make the trip using just local busses (no special FlyAway bus).

Last edited by Samoi137; 01-13-2012 at 12:23 PM..

Old 01-13-2012, 01:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
$20 is not expensive when you consider the time and inconvenience of trying to get their by MTA buses. You could do that for under $5.00 but uou will likely have to transfer in downtown Los Angeles and then again somewhere in the SFV. If you can get a direct shuttle between the two airports for $20 do it!

Old 01-15-2012, 12:59 PM

155 posts, read 748,265 times
Thanks Samoi137, and Harrier. I sincerely appreciate your help and advice.

Wilson

Old 01-15-2012, 01:02 PM

1,176 posts, read 3,180,022 times
Quote:
Thanks Samoi137, and Harrier. I sincerely appreciate your help and advice.

Wilson
So, what did you do?

Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:

Thank you in advance.

Wilson
3 dollars for LAX Flyaway to Union Station ... There may be a flyaway shuttle going from Union to Burbank airport ... If not, Metrolink has service from Union Station to Burbank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles