U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 AM
 
Location: Sweden
32 posts, read 35,801 times
Reputation: 17

Advertisements

Wich areas in Los Angeles would you recommend for a high school student who wants to live in an relatively big area with wealthy people and not dangerous?
And wich places should i defenetly not go too?

Near the beach and other attractions would be great, not boring areas with just old people and you know places like that.. Just fun areas as in the movies and series haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2012, 03:35 PM
 
Location: San Gabriel Valley
49 posts, read 53,872 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaFr View Post
Near the beach and other attractions would be great, not boring areas with just old people and you know places like that.. Just fun areas as in the movies and series haha
I'm thinking somebody watches WAY too much television!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Sweden
32 posts, read 35,801 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius4U View Post
I'm thinking somebody watches WAY too much television!
No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,046 posts, read 684,976 times
Reputation: 690
Disneyland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 PM
 
Location: In bed with Madonna
474 posts, read 142,441 times
Reputation: 408
Beverly Hills, Westwood, Santa Monica (near the beach), West Hollywood. I live in the Hollywood Hills, pretty secure and nice people.

Places to avoid: Downtown LA, East LA, South LA (completely ghetto), Compton, Long Beach (even tho some areas are nice), etc, etc, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 01:07 AM
 
Location: SoCal
1,468 posts, read 1,542,782 times
Reputation: 1027
Anywhere in the westside.. As mentioned above ^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
50,145 posts, read 42,630,930 times
Reputation: 21652
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaFr View Post
Wich areas in Los Angeles would you recommend for a high school student who wants to live in an relatively big area with wealthy people and not dangerous?
And wich places should i defenetly not go too?

Near the beach and other attractions would be great, not boring areas with just old people and you know places like that.. Just fun areas as in the movies and series haha
you don't just decide to come to America and end up coming. I think you need to talk to the American Embassy in Sweden. I really doubt you will be coming in the near future... you don't just decide you want to be an exchange student and suddenly you will be able to make it work and choose where you are going to live. You idea and dreams are wonderful, but I think you need to be a little more realistic and not decide where you will live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
9,004 posts, read 6,049,118 times
Reputation: 11915
This reminds me of Princess Diary 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Sweden
32 posts, read 35,801 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you don't just decide to come to America and end up coming. I think you need to talk to the American Embassy in Sweden. I really doubt you will be coming in the near future... you don't just decide you want to be an exchange student and suddenly you will be able to make it work and choose where you are going to live. You idea and dreams are wonderful, but I think you need to be a little more realistic and not decide where you will live.
Actually im realistic. There is a lot of great host families which im having contact with. The orange county and la county school district accept exchange students so now i just have to choose where i want to live and then i will get my F-1visa from the swedish embassy.
Im not that stupid. And i know that im going, this has been a dream of mine siene forever. And now its finally coming true. Im so happy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2012, 01:16 AM
 
100 posts, read 125,673 times
Reputation: 48
Not to get too hipster on anyone, but I like the Los Feliz area. Walkable, shops, good mixture of people, feels vibrant and young and growing... more like a little community than the vast expanse of L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top