U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:45 PM

276 posts, read 623,706 times

Advertisements

Like another poster has already said, celebrities/stars live all over Los Angeles.
If you go to Rite Aid in BH you may see some incognito, especially around the cosmetic bar and ice cream area.
Stars live in Pasadena, Los Feliz, Baldwin Hills, Ladera Heights, Beverlywood, Bel Air (east & west), Hombly Hills, West LA, Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Encino, Palisades, Malibu, and other beach cities, , Tarzana, Hidden Hills, Hollywood Hills, Laurel Canyon, and too many other areas to mention here.

Mainly, they live like the rest of us, they simply have a tad more money (at least some of them do LOL!)

Good luck, and enjoy yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:18 PM

881 posts, read 1,286,591 times
yeah it was a somewhat decent gig. i needed a 2nd part time job along with another job i had, but towards the end of my run with starline many streets became restricted for us to drive through which made it difficult to do a tour because i didn't have a lot to work with; which is why some people would lie.

some tour guides are pretty cool though. i wouldnt mind doing some other type of tour out there if its legit.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM

184 posts, read 172,765 times
1. I know most people coming to L.A want to view the star homes. Perhaps if I wasn't born here I'd want to do the same thing. The thing is most of these homes are all covered up/ hidden by landscaping. Also I've lived here my whole live, but have probably only seen a handful of celebs in public. Although I'm not crazy about celebs...you gotta admit it is sort of exciting to see them in their private lives , so to speak. Most i've seen probably just driving around actually. But the chance to see a bunch of celebrities on a short trip is probably rare.. But I don't hangout at the spots where they might hangout generally ...sooo...

2. It can take a LONGGGG time to get from one part of L.A to the other. Traffic can make it 3X longer versus no traffic. Also depends on what you consider L.A? L.A is a HUGE CITY. I'm guessing you are talking about like Downtown to the Beach or Vice Versa?

Old 02-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula
1,510 posts, read 1,472,591 times
i can understand wanting to seeeee celebrities, but wanting to see their houses? that is a bit weird. but ok.

if you want to actually see celebrities, the best place in los angeles in my opinion is the venice boardwalk, and abbot kinney in venice. i never DIDN'T see a celebrity when i lived there. i saw angelica huston a number of times, wesley snipes, jason schwartzmann, molly ringwald, the guy who played "snider" on one day at a time, gretchen moll, samuel l. jackson, the blonde afroed guy from "that seventies show", minnie driver, joan osbourne....on and on an on. and best of all, javier bardem. he is much more good looking in real life than i actually thought possible.
or you could just drive around and waste your gas and look at houses!

Old 02-04-2012, 11:35 PM

29,010 posts, read 10,386,286 times
I live here - and have absolutely no interest in seeing these peoples houses. If I ever see them in public I will be polite and say good morning or whatever - perhaps make small talk. Some people might get a "high" out of conversing with a celebrity - I would simply view it as being friendly. Celebrity hounds need to realize that these people are simply in a high profile line of work. Being an actor or actress is their mode of employment. It is a demanding job that requires much preparation, many hours, and some level of stress. It is true that they have some obligation to be responsive tho their fans - who after all pay the bills. I would think that their homes would be places of sanctuary that people would respect. Isn't that what people usually value most about their homes - the peace and privacy that one can find there? This is no different for people who make their living in front of a camera - and it is likely valued more so. Talk to these individuals on the street and ask for an autograph. Leave them alone in their homes.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:49 AM

1,468 posts, read 1,548,318 times
You'd be surprised at how many normal folks in L.A live the high life..people with Lexus, tiny dogs, vegetarian etc.. They actually work quite hard for their lifestyle..

Heaps of people try to look all big n stuff lol

L.A is the best

Old 02-05-2012, 02:41 PM

9,047 posts, read 6,093,195 times
I grew up in Venice many years ago and ran into so many B-list, charactor actor types usually at the park or store -- Joe Pantoliano (The Matrix, Risky Business), Harris Yulin (Scarface), Bill Paxton (Weird Science, Aliens 2, True Lies), Kareem Abdul Jabbar, etc. I didn't treat them any differently and they didn't act any differently than anyone else ... maybe 'cause they weren't huge stars. Lol

Old 02-05-2012, 04:58 PM

12,632 posts, read 9,597,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanjaBelieve View Post
I would like to know where do celebrities live? Because I am planning a trip to LA and It would be awesome to visit places just to see the beautiful houses. Like Miley Cyrus or Bruno Mars house.

I'm not telling you where I live!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles