U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM

3,552 posts, read 5,380,218 times

Advertisements

Wait...your first post isn't acting is it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 05:30 PM

10,087 posts, read 12,570,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyJay View Post
Ok cool this has made me feel a lot better! Haha thanks for the great responses and @munchitup- we did decide to go with the place by Runyon Canyon! Can't wait
Good choice, great location! Bout to go to Runyon this afternoon myself

Old 02-25-2012, 12:24 PM

25 posts, read 35,668 times
Thanks @munchitup! I am loving it!

Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 AM

378 posts, read 620,705 times
I was going to say, I only saw one person make that sort of comment on your posts, but then I saw where you mentioned it was mostly on other boards.

I'm glad you found a place you really liked, best of luck to you!

Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,830,509 times
Quote:
Wtf I can't tell you how annoying it is every time I write "moving to la to be an actor,where should i live?" And 37 people feel the need to post about how I am a stupid kid with pipe dreams (I'm 27 and just graduated acting college in NYC)- and how I have no idea what to expect and actors should stop coming to la and stay where they are. It's really aggravating that people just assume all actors are little kids who are moving here because they saw it on "the oc". Some of us are adults with realistic expectations and moving here is something they have literally been planning a lifetime. If you hate actors so much, maybe la isn't the place that YOU should be living.

If you just graduated from acting school in NYC perhaps you should stay there and start off broadway or on broadway or somewhere there since it is also an "acting" city.

If your expectations were real I have serious doubts that you would be posting such an open ended question on a public forum since public forums are general responses that are personal opinions. Those opinions are usually not what you want to read but you did voluntrily post the question/statement on a public forum. If you don't like what you read post your question on facebook or twitter and allow ONLY those friends who will write what you want to read to see it.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 AM

16,584 posts, read 32,655,119 times
Or better yet, an acting-related forum, one specifically aimed at the up-and-coming.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:39 PM

@Vary- thanks for the support!! It's a huge change but I am looking foward to it!

@CSD610 & Fontucky-
Lol I stand by my post. I posted it in this forum because it is a question/comment i had about LA, and this is an LA forum. I posted it on a public forum because I wanted to get a feel for how the majority of people who live in La felt, something that I could not have done had i posted it on my "Facebook" page. And the fact that you say I should "just stay in NYC and do broadway" just shows that you don't really know how the business works and helps further answer the question that this post originally asked.
But thanks for the input.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 PM

That last post sounded a bit mean but it wasn't meant to be!!! LoL seriously thanks for the input y'all are giving!! Just a sensitive subject for me and I'm stressed out from the move lol

Old 02-26-2012, 02:58 PM

106 posts, read 143,671 times
Quote:
That last post sounded a bit mean but it wasn't meant to be!!! LoL seriously thanks for the input y'all are giving!! Just a sensitive subject for me and I'm stressed out from the move lol

Actually, your last post was spot on.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:10 PM

11,896 posts, read 14,368,392 times
If every aspiring actor/actress could make it, you couldn't get a restaurant meal in LA. No waitstaff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles