U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 10:48 AM

2,024 posts, read 2,888,643 times

Advertisements

I'm from Virginia so it's always been hard to make it out there. I am a huge Dodgers fan so it's been a goal of mine to get out to LA. I have a friend and her husband who are moving to San Diego at the end of this year and it's now a opportunity to go out and visit them while also exploring both Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Spending as much as my friend and I will on plane tickets we really want to absorb as much as we can out west.

It's still early obvsiouly but I'm looking at arriving into SD on a Friday, spending the next day in SD. Sunday we would leave for LA in the morning hoping to catch a noon Dodgers game. After the game we'd check into a hotel and go to another game on Monday. On Tuesday we would check out and head to Las Vegas and stay until Thursday morning. This would be when we would return to SD and either fly back home on Friday or Saturday (depending on how long they want us to stay).

My questions are:
Any reasonable/good hotels not too far from Dodger Stadium? That would also allow us to visit some good spots in Los Angeles (basically the tourist stuff). We would have a rent a car during our trip to both Vegas and LA.

If it ends up that we go to a game Sunday around 12 and a Monday night game. What type of things could we do to fill in the gaps? Were both around our 20's enjoy sports, sight seeing.

Google maps says about 2 hours from SD to LA. On a Sunday morning what might that equate too?

I appreciate any advice/tips/suggestions. We aren't afraid to spend money when we go but of course we don't want to go over board for stupid stuff. In a way we kind of want to look at this trip as a once in a lifetime trip considering it might be difficult to head back out there being so far away.

I know this is not a Vegas thread but feel free to offer any suggestions for that area too as I will probably be making a post over that way too. That too might be once in a lifetime trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:41 PM

16,584 posts, read 32,655,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post

Google maps says about 2 hours from SD to LA. On a Sunday morning what might that equate too?
Barring accidents, 2 hours. Sunday from 3pm on, different story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or