U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:37 PM

11 posts, read 12,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
Yes, Redondo and Torrance are safe, try searching this board for more info. I wouldn't choose Glendale or Burbank if I had the freedom to live anywhere in LA.
thanks!
i think Redondo has a higher price/sqtf tho
what's area do you recommand in Redondo and Torrance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 PM

11 posts, read 12,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoliWood View Post
Try the condos on Sierra Madre Blvd., heading East (in Pasadena). Prices are anywhere from 150-290k, from what I've seen. You can always negotiate for a lower price. Also, get in touch with a local realtor - depending on where you want to buy - and tell them your limit and ask to get MLS (Multiple Listing Service) emails; they do it for free, as long as you get them to represent you when it's time to buy (or you can just go check out the listing on your own). The seller pays the realtor fees.

Old Town Pasadena has quite a bit going on for a 20+ person, so you'll find plenty to do.

I work in Glendale and I'd hardly call it quiet. I find it pretty congested and the streets are narrow, compared with Pasadena and Alhambra. You may also want to try Montrose and La Crescenta. Both of these places are cute and quiet, and are just about 3+ miles away from Glendale or Burbank (a few more miles to Burbank, though).

Alhambra is also very quiet, with little to do unless you're down on Main Street, but well...I don't like it there. Or, you could head North towards Pasadena again, esp. if your condo is in N. Alhambra, and within a 10 minute drive, be in the midst of all that is Old Town.
would it be noisy at Sierra Madre Blvd cuz it's facing a big street?

Old 03-10-2012, 04:00 PM

3 posts, read 2,757 times
Hi! If you are interested in a condo and being near Hollywood and Downtown is important, a couple different possiblities come to mind that should have options in your price range. Los Feliz, Echo Park, Glendale, North Hollywood and possibly Studio City. Some of these areas have good and not-quite-as-good little pockets so you'll need to do some investigating. Personally, I love Burbank and you're just over the hill from Hollywood and down the freeway from Downtown. There is a metro stop in North Hollywood that can take you to either destination in 10-20 minutes Burbank is also known for having some of the best public schools in the LA Metro area, so property values haven't gotten quite the shock that some other areas of Los Angeles have. Another possibility is looking right in Hollywood. Places near the heart of Hollywood, around Highland, are going to be quite pricey, but if you move a little further east you should hit your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles