U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 02:55 PM

18 posts, read 24,949 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I'm getting married in Culver City in October (venue near Washington/Inglewood Blvds). There will be a bunch of family traveling in for the wedding, and I have zero idea what hotels to recommend to them/block off rooms in.

I want to find a place that's somewhat budget-conscious (around $100ish a night maybe?), especially since several family members are retired. I still would like to find something that's clean and respectable, though. Are there any places you or your family have stayed in that you liked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 04:42 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,122,099 times
I've stayed at the Culver Hotel, it's just OK, clean but pretty modest. I would say it's safe (traffic-wise) to stay within a 2-3 mile radius of your wedding venue which opens up a lot more options. I don't think $100 gets you much in LA but check the travel sites and then look the hotel up on Tripadvisor and see what people have to say. My dad's favorite hotel in that area is The Ambrose in Santa Monica but it's more like $200 a night.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:16 PM

13,349 posts, read 16,544,682 times
Whenever I'm in the area, I always bid on Priceline and get one of the hotels near Fox Hills for less than $100/night: Doubletree, Four Points Sheraton, or Radisson which I'm usually happy with. Then it's just a matter of taking Centinela up to where your wedding will be (probably 2 miles or so).

Old 03-20-2012, 10:30 PM

968 posts, read 1,015,613 times
I agree with JayPee. The Raddison in the Fox Hills area is fairly recently remodeled, and within walking distance of Westfield Culver City. The other two are also fine.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:49 AM

34 posts, read 82,773 times
I second JayPee's statements. Priceline bidding is the way to go and there are at least three of four hotels in the 'Fox Hills" area that are both reasonable and nice. The Radisson right off Sepulveda is always my first choice. However you can branch out, there are some pretty good hotels (several Marriott branch types -- Courtyard, JW and Renaissance Hotels) on the other side of LAX about 20/25 minutes from your venue but very close to the airport.

I'd go with the Courtyard Marriott for the simple fact that they cater to large groups and families better than say JW Marriott or Renaissance. If you really want to be price conscious, always try to go for the major hotel chain offshoots (Courtyard, Doubletree, etc) because they tend to offer "discount" prices but without sacrificing cleanliness and comfort because of their larger parent companies.

I've always found the best prices on hotels via Priceline bidding (though it can be a bit of a coin toss however) or Kayak.com

Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM

18 posts, read 24,949 times
Thanks for the advice everyone! Definitely looking at the Courtyard near Fox Hills and some others around there. My sheltered midwestern mother specifically requested that I find a hotel where someone won't be dealing drugs or shooting someone in the next room, so those sound promising, haha. :-P

Old 03-30-2012, 05:49 PM

968 posts, read 1,015,613 times
I live in Fox Hills, and it has been well over a week since I've shot anyone. Your mom should be OK.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:29 PM

5,798 posts, read 5,243,934 times
The Radisson Hotel has been a DoubleTree for a couple of years; they're one and the same hotel, and it used to be a Clarion Hotel before that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles