U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 02:00 PM

4 posts, read 3,703 times

Advertisements

I am looking to accept an offer for a new job in Santa Ana in June. I would prefer to live as close to Los Angeles as possible. I don't need to be in the middle of ALL of the glitz and glam but considering that fact that my fiance and I are 23, African-American, I'm corporate and my fiance is corporate as well as a fashion consultant.... we aren't quite looking to be somewhere that will have us miserable and bored to death. To my understanding, the commute LEAVING LA isn't too bad. Can anyone vouch for this and tell me about how long this would be? I'd also be willing to live somewhere in between but hopefully closer to LA. My budget would be around $1500 for a 1BR maybe a 2BR.... But I'd be willing to up that a little if it's worth it. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 09:30 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,739,113 times
While I am not totally familiar with Santa Ana I am pretty sure you'd find something within 30 minutes that you would like Long Beach (maybe 35-40 minutes), Orange, Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, maybe even Santa Ana or Anaheim??- not sure if you can do it for $1500 one bedroom in a decent area (again, not familiar with rent prices).

The thing is, the 5 is about the only way from downtown LA to Santa Ana and it is a horrible freeway, 1950s design, three lanes each direction.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles