U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 12:38 AM

16 posts, read 27,847 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Long Beach next summer for a 3 three month internship with Boeing. Looking at the map I have no idea where I want to live, hopefully locals can help!
I'm 23 years old and my main priority is safety..I do like to go out, especially because I don't know anyone there, so I would like an area that it would be ok to be out alone but still with some young people and nightlife. Apartment size isn't a concern for me since I won't be there long.
I know all cities have their bad areas, but some insight on where I can live as a 23 year old single female would be helpful! Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 01:03 AM

128 posts, read 194,869 times
stay near ocean boulevard south of 3d street, or else in bixby knolls. good luck.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:11 AM

28,894 posts, read 15,973,677 times
I'm sure our Long Beach expert NaplesRes will be along shortly to answer your question. But until then, someone your age might like the Belmont Shore area of town. Take a look at this website to get a feel for the area: Belmont Shore, Shop. Dine. Indulge. Shop Local.

Since you'll be working at Boeing, you may also want to consider the apartments located near Long Beach City College off Carson Street between Clark Avenue and Bellflower Blvd. This area has a young vibe to it due to the proximity of the school. The Bixby Knolls area (zip code 90807) is also worth looking into. Lots of apartments on Carson near Atlantic and also along San Antonio between Atlantic and Orange. Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:09 AM

19 posts, read 324,066 times
Belmont Shore!!! Fun, lots to do, you can walk everywhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or