U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,074 times

Advertisements

All questions concerning jury service should be directed to the jury personnel at the Compton Courthouse at (310) 603-7233, Monday through Friday between 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Thanks?
You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,495 times
If serving in Los Angeles County then you:

"Call 1-800-778-5879 (1-800-SRV-JURY). Agents are available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You may also call (213) 974-5811 between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. to obtain your JID and PIN Number"

Old 01-09-2015, 12:15 PM

14,518 posts, read 14,031,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowen View Post
All questions concerning jury service should be directed to the jury personnel at the Compton Courthouse at....
Only if that's the court that's stated on your jury summons.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,392 times
Default Bad advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Think.

How can the court prove that you ever received a jury summons?

How do they know that you were not on vacation in Tahiti and your house sitter threw it into the trash?

Relax.

You can't be fined without due process taking place, and the only proof that the court has that you received the summons is if you tell them so.

The county doesn't have the money to initiate and follow through on a judicial action for everybody who, for whatever reason, does not respond to their jury summons.

Move on, and next time keep your summons in a safe place.

(Disclaimer - Harrier is not a lawyer, and the above should not be considered as giving legal advice).
THIS IS LEGALLY ERRONEOUS ADVICE. Once the item is sent to your proper address in the US Mail, there is a rebuttable presumption that it reached that address within about three mailing days.

THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT NEED TO PROVE THAT THE LETTER ACTUALLY REACHED YOU SPECIFICALLY. NOR ARE RELIEVED OF ANY OBLIGATION IF SOMEONE ELSE AT YOUR ADDRESS THREW AWAY OR MISPLACED THE LETTER.

PROBABLY YOU WILL NOT GET IN TROUBLE IF YOU SIMPLY SAY YOU LOST THE NOTICE, BUT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF THAT. PEOPLE COULD GET IN TROUBLE FOLLOWING YOUR FOOLISHLY CONFIDENT ADVICE.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:43 AM

2,919 posts, read 1,843,757 times
I usually accidentally lose my jury summons before even responding at all. LOL

Old 12-05-2016, 10:46 AM

11,367 posts, read 9,393,305 times
My mail gets lost all the time so for all I know I may have been unintentionally avoiding the summons all along.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 565 times
Default e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Call them, or better yet, email them! I had an issue with my date. I emailed them just providing my basic information. They replied that same day with my information and she moved my date. If you miss your first scheduled date, they will just send you a new date in the mail. Unless you never show up to any date ever, they will not bother with you, just reschedule. It's not a huge deal.

This will actually be my first time on a jury! I'm 33 and for some reason, I've never been asked. I think it's because I usually move once a year so whatever notice they have sent me never made it to me.
I could not find any e-mail address on the courthouses websites. What is it????? Their phone numbers never respond with alive agents - answering machines only. Looks like the system went to simplex, not duplex.
All i was able to du in this situation is just to sent to them a regular postal letter via mailaletter.com.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 499 times
Like the other posters, I just realized that I don't have my original jury summons. I know that my reporting date begins on Monday and it is too late on this Friday afternoon to call the number (humans are no longer available after 4 p.m.). Do you know what time people are to report (if they are to report) to Santa Monica Courthouse? I'll just go in, I had planned to be available to serve all week, but I want to be sure I'm not late on Monday.

Thanks for your insight!

Old 12-12-2018, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 271 times
Please contact Juror Services at 1-800-778-5879 (1-800-SRV-JURY). Agents are available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m - WEEKDAYS ONLY!!!!

After listening to the initial instructions press the Star Key “*” on your telephone and then press zero “O” to be connected to an Agent.

Old Today, 11:14 AM

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostJuryDutySummons View Post
Please contact Juror Services at 1-800-778-5879 (1-800-SRV-JURY). Agents are available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m - WEEKDAYS ONLY!!!!

After listening to the initial instructions press the Star Key “*” on your telephone and then press zero “O” to be connected to an Agent.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It WORKED!!! The voice response never ‘tells you’ how to get to the agent- it just hangs up on you if you don’t have your Juror ID & PIN. Pressing ‘*’, then ‘0’ is the key to a live person :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles