U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 12:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,117 times

Advertisements

Just hoping to get some good old fashion input from those folks who have rented here before. Seems like an okay place–what do you think?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 PM

135 posts, read 239,315 times
Of the tens of thousands of apartments in L.A., it's unlikely to find someone who's rented in exactly that place, on this forum. But give us the address or cross streets and some of us who live close can at least give you a guess on the quality of the area. Sherman Oaks is generally average to good, with some exceptional areas and a few really crappy ones.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:24 PM

6,203 posts, read 15,018,489 times
I used to live around the corner from those apartments. They're nice, if a bit pricey. Make sure you don't rent on the side near Notre Dame High School across the street, because they have a very loud marching band! Not only does the band play at football games, but of course, they also have to rehearse.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,117 times
Sandy, thanks so much. Funny, the apartment that was available at the time I went by WAS right across the street! Yikes. You are right, they do seem nice. I just have this little suspicion that they might hike up the rent as often and as much as they legally could–its just hunch though. Besides I am not sure, maybe all, if not most of the apartment complexes do the same. BTW all, these aparts are on Riverside at Fulton. Would really appreciate any experience/input.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:58 PM

157 posts, read 430,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justgirl View Post
Sandy, thanks so much. Funny, the apartment that was available at the time I went by WAS right across the street! Yikes. You are right, they do seem nice. I just have this little suspicion that they might hike up the rent as often and as much as they legally could–its just hunch though. Besides I am not sure, maybe all, if not most of the apartment complexes do the same. BTW all, these aparts are on Riverside at Fulton. Would really appreciate any experience/input.
It is reasonable to assume that the rent will be raised every year, no matter how the rental market, neighborhood, or other factors. Live in the general area and the apartment rent has been hiked each year.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:13 PM

135 posts, read 239,315 times
Like everything else, it's a negotiation. Good renters are hard to come by, and a landlord appreciates good paying tenants who keep the property well. If you are such a tenant, and then at the end of the year make noises about "I'm thinking about moving..." you set the stage to be able to negotiate for either no increase, or a small increase.

Seriously - Los Angeles is full of broke flakes. When landlords get responsible people in their units, they tend to cling to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles