Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 03:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

u r awake. but a little late. an end run has been played on u.
the supposed incompetence of DC is social engineering. what is horrid is alot of the time they used black men in DC to pull it off. they allowed 20 million illegals mostly mexican to come here and shove AA out of south LA. took your section 8 and welfare place in line and showed u the door.
this was not coincidence, it was a carefully executed greater plan. its not just LA its nationwide.
south LA went in 15 years from 60% AA to 60% latino.
LA is now the largest mexican city outside of mexico city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:12 PM

128 posts, read 455,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the supposed incompetence of DC is social engineering. what is horrid is alot of the time they used black men in DC to pull it off. they allowed 20 million illegals mostly mexican to come here and shove AA out of south LA. took your section 8 and welfare place in line and showed u the door.
this was not coincidence, it was a carefully executed greater plan. its not just LA its nationwide.
yep . u got it .

Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 PM

wow . this guy HUCK is ahead of the curve .

Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
South LA doesn't even look or sound like South Central anymore.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool Florida View Post
california has very few blacks , NW seattle are very few also . the sought has tons of blacks .. only reason u see any blacks today in SOCAL is because of the 2nd great migration . this happened from 1960 - 1985 or abouts . today , ameican blacks where we live here SO FLA , they are leaving driving north . why ? because haitians take their jobs and work for less . the blacks i know have a deep disdain for haitins .
Proportionately, the whole country has very few blacks. Which is why I am forever bewildered at historically, how much of the crime they get blamed for.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:53 AM

here in flaridha many crimes are committed by colored people. that's a sad fact , al of black on black . drive by shooting 3 days ago N MIAMI BEACH . google it .

Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Proportionately, the whole country has very few blacks. Which is why I am forever bewildered at historically, how much of the crime they get blamed for.
Stereotyping is a genetic trait. They want to blame blacks for everything, crime and what's going on in America.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:58 PM

184 posts, read 353,399 times
This is an interesting question.

A couple of years ago I move to the valley. It was interesting to not see many black people around. I live in a predominately hispanic/latino area. When I looked up the demographics it is 1.7% black...VERY LOW.

It is funny that we think of L.A as this melting pot, but it is really a myth. The city is very segregated.

One perspective that I don't think anyone has mentioned is , it might be a lot easier for a black American to move to the south than a latino one, especially one that might be be "documented"

Another aspect is the extended family aspect in the latino community versus in the black American community. This is just a cultural thing. White Americans aren't into the whole staying in one place to be close to family thing either, which explains more mobility/moving around the country.

I guess there is just less of an incentive for whites and blacks to stay in L.A versus Hispanics?

Last edited by bophisto; 04-04-2012 at 01:44 PM..

Old 09-17-2013, 09:30 PM

350 posts, read 709,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Being something of a statistics nerd, I was combing over the recent 2010 census and what is striking is since 1980 LA's Black population as been plummeting.
How many (number) less blacks are there in Los Angeles now than in 1980?

I'd be surprised if the answer isn't negative. Meaning, I'd bet there are MORE blacks now than in 1980 and that VERY FEW have moved out of California.

My guess is other groups, particularly Hispanics have increased in number that the percentage of blacks has gone down even though their numbers have gone up.

By the way, Mr. Statistics Nerd, would you bet even money that in a group of 25 random people, there would be two people with the same birthday?

Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 AM

181 posts, read 319,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwashed_in_church View Post
How many (number) less blacks are there in Los Angeles now than in 1980?

I'd be surprised if the answer isn't negative. Meaning, I'd bet there are MORE blacks now than in 1980 and that VERY FEW have moved out of California.

My guess is other groups, particularly Hispanics have increased in number that the percentage of blacks has gone down even though their numbers have gone up.

By the way, Mr. Statistics Nerd, would you bet even money that in a group of 25 random people, there would be two people with the same birthday?
I don't know the data from 1980, but I don't think your point is accurate. If you look at the 1990 Census for the City of Los Angeles, you'd see that the Black population in the city of Los Angeles was 485,949 (or 14%).
Racial/Ethnic Composition by City by Numbers - 1990 Census

If you look at the numbers for 2010, the population is 365,118 (or 9.6%)
Racial/Ethnic Composition by City by Numbers

This means that there are almost 121,000 less African-Americans now living in Los Angeles than in 1990.
LA County has seen an even greater decrease in its Black population, as there were 136,100 more Blacks in the county in 1990 than there are today.
Population - Ethnic Composition

Of course, African-Americans, for whatever reason, do not all get counted in the census. There were probably thousands more Blacks in the city in 1990 and 2010 than were reported to the census. But regardless, it is clear that the historic Black neighborhoods in the city look much different today, and though there still is a significant Black population in the city, it is nothing like it was 20, or even 10 years ago.

Finally, you are right, there are more Blacks in California (by number) than 20 or 30 years ago, but if we're talking about Los Angeles (city & county), than the numbers show that the same is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles