Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 07:59 AM

67 posts, read 128,288 times

Advertisements

Rent in west la/ Santa Monica is going to more than 1000. Silver lake and Los Feliz slightly cheaper but not much. N.hollywood is best bet. Moreno valley is like 1.45min without traffic to LA. Too far and it's a small town for families to raise kids and work nearby.

Mass transit sucks in LA. Trains don't go everywhere bc the city is so spread out. You need a car here. Car is the major transportation. That's why parking is so cheap. Traffic is a big problem here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 AM

2,261 posts, read 7,230,171 times
The doc is about UFOs. Specifically two cases. It was originally my husband's idea, and he did the majority of the interviews. Later I did all the technical stuff other than editing (music, animations, etc...) & helped produce it.

One of the people he interviewed ran a UFO festival, and they really hit it off. The guy was super into what we were doing which is why he asked us to be in the festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiemjean View Post
Yeah, that is needed combination no matter where you go )) I am not an author or a writer or anything of that kind, in fact i am not creative at all, i am just curious how people are making it in their field starting from nowhere, knowing no one..., The documentary - the subject it was about ( sorry, i don't mean to pry... ), was it your husband's idea what it is going to be about or was it more like reality story or smth... And where did you have to turn to get it to the festival in the first place... Having it accepted for the festival is already a big deal - that's what i think made the editor's interested too )))) Again, i don't mean to pry - so you can reply as much as you feel comfortable with, without giving away the inside secrets )))

Old 04-15-2012, 09:33 PM

11 posts, read 15,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
The doc is about UFOs. Specifically two cases. It was originally my husband's idea, and he did the majority of the interviews. Later I did all the technical stuff other than editing (music, animations, etc...) & helped produce it.

One of the people he interviewed ran a UFO festival, and they really hit it off. The guy was super into what we were doing which is why he asked us to be in the festival.
I am noticing more and more how this caught my attention and we are complitly off the subject ))) They are starting the show here soon on syfy Chanel about UFOs and whether it's a FACT or a FAKE - some kind of ex FBI agent supposed to perform bunch of tests to see what could be real and what wasn't ) Well, i am interested in the subject myself, but also afraid to find out the truth. It's scary ) How much work is there to be done still before the thing will air?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:03 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,230,171 times
Yeah, apparently they're huge right now! We had a VOD company offer to buy/distribute it sight unseen. It's a pretty interesting subject.

It's actually finished (finally). We have a few networks looking at it now but no word yet. So, no idea of when (or if) it will air. I was told you could sell it to a network and then to a distributor... but not the other way around (and you get more money from a distributor if it has already played on the air). So, right now it's still just a waiting game. A LOT of this process has been about waiting, unfortunately. We started this in Sept 2010. Finished most of the interviews by Dec 2010. Started editing around May of 2011. Mostly finished by Sept 2011. Then there was a lot of trying to get a celeb narrator (we'd ask one, wait for 3+ weeks to get a "no," and move on to the next. We went through 4 like this. The 5th, Leonard Nemoy, said no right away, heh. The 6th one said yes). Then we re-edited to take out 15 minutes off the final product.

It was a long loooooong process to finish the thing. It just got sent to the networks maybe a week ago.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:37 PM

10 posts, read 43,671 times
Readymade,
That is amazing. Leonard Nemoy would have been amazing but I see why he said no. Good luck with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles