U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 03:47 PM

49 posts, read 228,030 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have 3 corporate housing choices in Santa Monica to choose from and yes, I know my commute to Northridge will be horrific! (I just don't want to miss at least 3-6 months living in the area of Southern California I've always wanted to live in AND I will have some time to check out different areas to live in permanently, so I'm sure the commute will quickly change my mind about living in Santa Monica permanently!.) So, I can life in the 1900's on Ocean park (zip is 90405) or in the 2700's of Neilson Way or the 2200's of Colorado Ave. I really want to feel safe walking my (small) dog. All 3 say they are pet friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 05:36 PM

142 posts, read 697,724 times
Hi Lindasuedallas,

Sorry I can't answer your question regarding Santa Monica's areas. I've been to Santa Monica a few times and I just love it, though I'm not familiar with street names and stuff like that.

I have a question regarding your temporary housing. Where did you find these choices? The prices you post, what do they include and are they studios, one or two bedroom apartments? Is there a website that lists temporary housing. I'm relocating to L.A. next year, and I'm going to be living at temporary housing for about two months before moving in to an apartment, but I haven't found a good deal of temporary housing yet... any links?

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2007, 06:25 PM

225 posts, read 1,008,780 times
Since you are going for the full-on Santa Monica experience, I would head for Neilson. You will be a block from the beach and the boardwalk and a block from Main Street, which has nice cafes and shops. People will wander about with surfboards. Your commute to Northridge will indeed be less than joyful, but if you can travel outside rush hour that will help greatly. Enjoy.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:02 PM

49 posts, read 228,030 times
Default Temporary Housing - Oakwood Executive Housing

Hi,
I'm using the company that my new employer uses for temp housing, Oakwood. You can just go into their website and select the area you want and it will pull up a variety of options. I don't know what the Santa Monica one costs, but for comparison, a furnished 2 bedroom in Woodland Hills (an option I looked at) was $125/night. Good luck.

Linda

Old 09-16-2007, 07:21 PM

142 posts, read 697,724 times
thanks Linda... I will look into that :-)

Old 09-16-2007, 08:54 PM

1,287 posts, read 4,646,232 times
I agree that you should go with the Neilson Way location. Those are nice if it's the highrise complex I'm thinking of. Ask for an apartment with a view facing north. That way you can see the Santa Monica Mountains and up the coastline toward Malibu. You'll be right at the beach and close to Main Street which has a great, small neighborhood feel.

When you arrive, in addition to getting to Northridge by taking the 10 east to the 405 north to the 101 west, you might also try taking Pacific Coast Hwy to Topanga Canyon and cutting through the mountains as an alternate route.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:48 PM

2,197 posts, read 6,709,638 times
Yep, Neilson Way is the one. Can't really get much closer to the beach, and it's a nice, safe area. Very walkable. If you'll be in Sea Colony, it's very, very nice. Good luck!

Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 PM

67 posts, read 145,896 times
What are the high schools like in Santa Monica?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or