Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 11:24 AM

10 posts, read 34,431 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on buying a house around Short Ave but I was wondering if the bad part of Culver West (Mar Vista Gardens Housing Project) will negatively affect this area and how safe is this area given the close proximity to the bad part? Or is this not even an issue that I should worry about? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 11:51 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
It should be ok ... the further away from Centinela, the better.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Short turns into Mindanao, its not great but not awful. As above, the closer to the Marina the better. MVG is on the other side of Inglewood.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:16 PM

10 posts, read 34,431 times
Thanks so much!

Old 11-03-2012, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,445 times
Hi, I am also looking at making an offer to buy a really nice house on Braddock Steet just a block East of Ingelwood but I'm really not sure if the neighborhood is too bad. Will the home values rise?

I'm an educated professional SWF w blonde hair. I drive a nice MBZ, I LOVE the house & it's affordable for the Westside but I am really worried about the Mar Vista Gardens Project. I love diversity and my BF is black but he doesn't live with me so I would be alone much of the time. Would I be a target there, stick out like a sore thumb & would my friends be afraid to come over? Would I be safe in the house??

The project pretty much surrounds the whole area and though the house is totally redone, beautiful & has a fenced private yard, directly across the street is the WIC office and Free Clinic as well as the Tru Valu Hispanic Market. (thank Goodness the house has a nice craftsman style wood fence & hedges so once in the yard it's great.

The whole area looks really really stetchy. Would it be safe for me to buy and live there? Can you park a nice car on the street if friends come over? Only 2 spots in my potintial housed drive/garage. Is there gang activity?

I have to decide if I want to make an offer by Monday and I'm in a real quandry. Please let me know what you all think and if you know the area.

Any chance they will get rid of the projects like they did in Venice and it will gentrify?
Thanks!
Kat

Last edited by dressage4u; 11-03-2012 at 11:09 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 11-03-2012, 11:21 PM

342 posts, read 1,427,394 times
dressage4u - I would drive around there alot - day and night. And check with the local police department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles