Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,133 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have recently obtained my housing voucher from the city of Los Angeles. Im a single father who is raising a 7 year old sweet daughter. I currently reside at a Christian shelter with her and we are blessed that the shelter helped us obtain the voucher. I lost my home in Culver City after a battle with family members over a will from years ago. I lost my job at a tutoring company doing invoice: it was good money. I now currently work at Ralph, but it isn't enough to get on my feet. I do have an associates in business but I'm looking to go back to school so my daughter can have a better future. I'm not asking for a luxurious apartment, but I'm just looking for a place in a decent or good neighborhood where my daughter can go to a good school because she is smart. I also don't want to live in poverty, its all i can find and its undesirable. Im looking for a place thats somewhere in or near Burbank, Toluca lake, Valley Village, Sherman Oaks, if anything in Studio City, and maybe Encino or Tarzana. Even woodland hills but thats a bit far. Any other place thats safe and zoned in with good schools would be nice. I tried Studio city first but people hung up in my face and i feel really helpless. I know that there is stereo types but im quiet, clean, and respectful. Thank you so much for your help, i appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 01:41 AM

49 posts, read 159,652 times
Well, you can forget about Valley village. In 2009 there was a proposal and a ground breaking to build an apartment complex of 146 units, which 11% would've been for working low-income families. They didn't like the low-income part so they went as far as to sue the city. There was a big thing about it. they made up all sorts of phony excuses like, "
it isnt safe" or "the street will be to crowded" or "Its to much density." This is dispite the fact they they have finished the completion of this humongous and hideous Luxury apartment complex on Riverside dr and Lauryn Canyon. In reality, it was about those few income apartments they didn't like and hid under the "density" mask to hide their true agenda. Then the corrupt Krekorian was elected to city council and to a housing project board: he stopped the project completely and vow to "protect" neighborhoods that are "unique." So of course they are going to hang up in your face because they put people of lower income all in one box. Sory but its the truth. Maybe you can go to a local listings office and get a list. Its probably your best bet

Old 05-19-2012, 09:27 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
I know there are a handful of listings on craigslist that states they will accept Section 8 -- you'll need to sift through them.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:17 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,233 times
Bump. I wish I had some info.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:41 PM

49 posts, read 159,652 times
I have some good news for you, message me as soon as possible. i found something in Tarzana, Encino, and Valley Village! Burbank Blvd Elementary is a good school here in VV but i dont know what schools are zoned into the other areas i mentioned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles