U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:27 AM

11,412 posts, read 10,213,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post
Can't fault you there.

But a guy with your characteristics will find it remarkably easy to meet women in LA. Trying being overweight. You could be the same guy you are now, but if you're a bigger guy, all bets are off. You will not date.

At least, not date hot women.
If you're overweight, try dating an overweight woman.

Ugly/physically unattractive women have a hell of a lot harder time than ugly/physically unattractive men. If you are one of those men, help the cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 02:33 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,128,358 times
Seems like most overweight people date overweight people anyway. Like attracts like. Fat attracts fat.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:34 PM

20 posts, read 22,755 times
are you all joking??!?!?! i hope you're joking. i can't stop laughing. but this whole thing is also kindof sad...

however i do agree with #1 of the OP's (kindaaaweird) statement... LA is a wonderful mix of culture, nightlife, fashion, and food, with all of the nature perks of the West as well. Lots of interesting, beautiful, diverse people. LA rocks.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:25 PM

88 posts, read 86,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Water tends to seek its own level.

Try dating women that are your physical equivalent.
I don't even know where to begin with this one.

I'll just say people like you are the reason why this place has such an awful reputation with normal, clear-thinking human beings with much more to offer life than fake teeth and expensive car payments.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:30 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,831,098 times
Quote:
I'll just say people like you are the reason why this place has such an awful reputation with normal, clear-thinking human beings with much more to offer life than fake teeth and expensive car payments.
Big shiny rims?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:51 PM

9 posts, read 8,571 times
Quote:
I don't even know where to begin with this one.

So fat women cannot be normal, clear-thinking human beings with much more to offer than physical attractiveness and wealth? First, you whine about not being able to date hot women, then you pull this? Do you even realize how stupid that makes you look?

Also, humans are attracted to physical traits, whether you like it or not. We are genetically programmed to be attracted to it, it's not something we humans created, neither is it specific to LA. It's been like this since the dawn of time and it will continue to be like this until the end of time. For very good reason, i might add.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fictional View Post
So fat women cannot be normal, clear-thinking human beings with much more to offer than physical attractiveness and wealth? First, you whine about not being able to date hot women, then you pull this? Do you even realize how stupid that makes you look?

Also, humans are attracted to physical traits, whether you like it or not. We are genetically programmed to be attracted to it, it's not something we humans created, neither is it specific to LA. It's been like this since the dawn of time and it will continue to be like this until the end of time. For very good reason, i might add.
Not whining, making an observation. Learn the difference.

And human attraction can be altered by sociological stimuli - like decades of images of men and women looking a certain way in magazines, television and cinema.

Human men are attracted to women who look like they can bear children, women with fuller breasts, thighs, backsides. Women with curves, not ones who look like they've been starved. That was a part of the earliest human mating rituals.

Ever study anthropology? Probably not, you might be from LA.

And please don't attempt to justify being shallow, materialistic and vapid with make-believe science facts.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM

9 posts, read 8,571 times
Quote:
Not whining, making an observation. Learn the difference.

And human attraction can be altered by sociological stimuli - like decades of images of men and women looking a certain way in magazines, television and cinema.

Human men are attracted to women who look like they can bear children, women with fuller breasts, thighs, backsides. Women with curves, not ones who look like they've been starved. That was a part of the earliest human mating rituals.

Ever study anthropology? Probably not, you might be from LA.

And please don't attempt to justify being shallow, materialistic and vapid with make-believe science facts.
Make-believe? Humans are attracted to good genes and good health, which are both reflected to a degree by our physical appearance. It's not healthy being fat and unless the women out there like it when their husbands die of a heart attack at the age of 39, they're better off dating someone else.

Of course attraction can be altered, but only to a certain degree. Studies have shown that even babies have the ability to recognize beauty. Some other studies have shown that beautiful people generally have higher IQ than ugly and normal-looking people. Now, I can't confirm the validity of these studies, but they are still worth looking into.

And yes, men are attracted to women who look like they can bear children, but that is not the only factor taken into account, as you might understand. Oh and, woman with curves =/= fat women. There is a clear distinction between being curvy and being overweight. Being overweight has never been physically attractive and never will be. A very long time ago, being fat might've been a sign of wealth, and thus you might've been able to attract hot women, but you still wouldn't have been considered "very handsome". Your overweight was a sign of a high social status and security, kind of like a Porsche is today.

It wouldn't matter how often media showed pictures of this woman: http://idiotduck.com/wp-content/uplo...nese-woman.jpg ,she would NEVER be considered attractive, ever. It doesn't make sense for us to be physically attracted to her, from a biological standpoint. I would personally NEVER date her, no matter how awesome her personality was, simply because I am almost startled by her looks. My brain is telling me to look away when I look at her picture. It doesn't want to look at it. That's just the way I seem to function.

Yes, it sucks that people emphasize looks and money so much, but that's just the way it is, and it does make some sense as well.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fictional View Post

It wouldn't matter how often media showed pictures of this woman: http://idiotduck.com/wp-content/uplo...nese-woman.jpg ,she would NEVER be considered attractive, ever. It doesn't make sense for us to be physically attracted to her, from a biological standpoint. I would personally NEVER date her, no matter how awesome her personality was, simply because I am almost startled by her looks. My brain is telling me to look away when I look at her picture. It doesn't want to look at it. That's just the way I seem to function.

Yes, it sucks that people emphasize looks and money so much, but that's just the way it is, and it does make some sense as well.
Of course not, the woman in the picture does not represent most bigger women, or most women at all. You're using an extreme case to justify making superficial judgements on people.

You're also making a weird assumption that overweight = morbidly obese and ugly. I never once said that fat women were ugly or undesirable as a mate. We've not defined what "overweight" means either. I've dated women from size 6 up to a size 18. Some "bigger" women are very attractive and it does have a lot to do with the clothes they wear and their attitude.

You also have no idea what I look like. I am not some 4-chinned schlub who sits around eating corn chips while playing video games. I am a bigger guy, but I dress stylishly, am well-educated and making a decent living.

I am from the east coast and never had as much trouble meeting women as I have out here. If a guy is just a little bit overweight, he is immediately classified as undesirable no matter what he has to offer as a human being and that is what sucks. Women in LA keep going after pretty-boy simpletons and wonder why they can't find someone to make a real connection with?

Once again, an observation. I do okay in general, but I've never seen such a vapid and disconnected from reality population of human beings in my life.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,831,098 times
Quote:
Women in LA keep going after pretty-boy simpletons and wonder why they can't find someone to make a real connection with?
Many of those women are transplants mimicking Kardashian behavior, and want similarly cheesy guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles