Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 AM

140 posts, read 504,407 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info...

Let me ask you....I'm originally from jersey...spent 8 years in Tampa, fl....I'm 28 now. What area would have the best environment, and options for dating...If you aren't wealthy, and are just an average guy that has his act together. I'm trying to decide between San Diego area or Long Beach area. I'm thinking so far that long beach has more options, since I can meet women in Los angeles county, organge county, ect....from such diverse cultures...armenian, black, jewish, ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
You can only meet who you meet no matter how large the area is. Since that usually means through work or friends or dating sites it doesn't really matter. Women like a guy with a job a plan and a future so...work on those.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You can only meet who you meet no matter how large the area is. Since that usually means through work or friends or dating sites it doesn't really matter. Women like a guy with a job a plan and a future so...work on those.
Thanks for taking the time to reply....

If all things the same...and I have a handle on all that...which too areas would be best to date, marry, and grow old at...Long Beach or San diego?

Old 06-27-2012, 04:16 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,852 times
At your age, I would opt for Long Beach. If you were to 'grow old', I'd choose SD. Also, you can catch the metro-rail to L.A. from LB if you wanted to.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJerseyBorn View Post
Thanks for taking the time to reply....

If all things the same...and I have a handle on all that...which too areas would be best to date, marry, and grow old at...Long Beach or San diego?
Neither is best. I'm saying it depends on you and it doesn't matter. I fear you have unrealistic expectations about your plan to move to CA since you can do those things wherever you are now just as easily.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Neither is best. I'm saying it depends on you and it doesn't matter. I fear you have unrealistic expectations about your plan to move to CA since you can do those things wherever you are now just as easily.
I can see why you would think that...but no...I learned that a long time ago..that life is what you make it. I grew up in jersey/New York....lived in florida 8 years. I learned that every place has the common good and the common bad. I know I like modern / hip / fast place areas like Jersey / New York....but love seeing the Sun every day all year. However the poeple and culture is to boring in florida, and weather sucks in the northeast. For me...and everybody is different....California is the perfect mix for me. Decent pace of life, modern and hip....But great weather all year long, and the people are happier, more laid back, and less edgier than Tri-State area.

I've lived in a few states now, and been reading the boards for a while...and the same likes and dislikes are said about every place. It's funny how every city is materialistic and pretentious...LoL.....it's not the city it's america people LoL....We live in a materialistic and pretentious country. It's funny when you read about L.A. , Miami, Scottsdale, az and they said that it's all about status and what car you drive....that's "AMERICA" watch any TV show and count every car ad you see.

Any way...I was born again when I was 25, and filled with the holy spirit...I'm happy...found myself....I'm just trying to figure out my logistics...and what area fits my hobbies (running year round) and needs ( I know I need the sun every day) and desired culture ( I know I need to be in an area that is modern and has persnoality.

So far it's between San Diego, Long Beach, Phoenix, or Fort Lauderdale....I can work in these cities.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:47 PM

276 posts, read 774,129 times
Look at Bluff Heights as well, it's right next to Belmont Shores/Heights.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJerseyBorn View Post
I can see why you would think that...but no...I learned that a long time ago..that life is what you make it. I grew up in jersey/New York....lived in florida 8 years. I learned that every place has the common good and the common bad. I know I like modern / hip / fast place areas like Jersey / New York....but love seeing the Sun every day all year. However the poeple and culture is to boring in florida, and weather sucks in the northeast. For me...and everybody is different....California is the perfect mix for me. Decent pace of life, modern and hip....But great weather all year long, and the people are happier, more laid back, and less edgier than Tri-State area.

I've lived in a few states now, and been reading the boards for a while...and the same likes and dislikes are said about every place. It's funny how every city is materialistic and pretentious...LoL.....it's not the city it's america people LoL....We live in a materialistic and pretentious country. It's funny when you read about L.A. , Miami, Scottsdale, az and they said that it's all about status and what car you drive....that's "AMERICA" watch any TV show and count every car ad you see.

Any way...I was born again when I was 25, and filled with the holy spirit...I'm happy...found myself....I'm just trying to figure out my logistics...and what area fits my hobbies (running year round) and needs ( I know I need the sun every day) and desired culture ( I know I need to be in an area that is modern and has persnoality.

So far it's between San Diego, Long Beach, Phoenix, or Fort Lauderdale....I can work in these cities.
I would think you'd want to go to a more "bible belty" local then. But good luck. Life is what you make it but the hope of meeting someone to marry isn't something you can plan a move around.

So are you 31 or 28? Best to be honest when you sign up for a dating service, especially a christian one

Old 06-28-2012, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 847 times
Default Good One. LOL

Quote:
I would think you'd want to go to a more "bible belty" local then. But good luck. Life is what you make it but the hope of meeting someone to marry isn't something you can plan a move around.

So are you 31 or 28? Best to be honest when you sign up for a dating service, especially a christian one
Wow, I don't know if you meant for that to be funny but it was absolutely hilarious.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 AM

8,311 posts, read 13,442,156 times
A born-again Christian adult who is not even capable of conducting a simple online search to find an apartment despite the vast resources available nowadays wants to relocate to Long Beach, oh hell no!

Believe me, most people in So Cal are not happy and some are a haircut away from snapping big time!

Move to Phoenix, you would love it over there, trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles