Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 08:13 AM

18 posts, read 32,198 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I wasn't sure whether I should add this onto my previous query although it's unrelated (if so however perhaps someone could assist me in merging the two).

Anyway, I wondered if anyone could give a heads up on parking restrictions in the South Pasadena area ? There are a number of hotels we've stayed in previously but all seem to have doubled their parking prices, which left me to wonder if we could park our hire car on a residential street near by and walk into the hotel instead.

Are there any websites with details of restrictions, parking fee's etc by map for Pasadena ?

I did find the City of Pasadena site which seems to tell me about different road markings, but I can't see the roads at the moment to see how restricted they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 09:36 AM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
I'm not sure about South Pasadena but I know East Pasadena doesn't have overnight parking restrictions (it's technically an unincorporated part of LA County.) There are no signs when you enter "East Pasadena" and you'll have to look for subtle clues (the road signs' format changed, the pavement is of a different color.) If you see lots of cars parked on the street late at night, then it's a good sign.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:56 PM

559 posts, read 1,378,939 times
South Pasadena is an independent city, adjacent to, but not part of the city of Pasadena. Both Pasadena and South Pasadena have overnight parking restrictions, meaning that your vehicle needs to display a permit while street-parked between 2 - 6AM. So, you need the appropriate permit for the separate cities.

Pasadena's permits can be purchased at 5 kiosks (Pasadena PD and 4 fire stations) or online. Information here: Pasadena - Temporary Overnight Parking Exemption (TOPE). The page contains a link that takes you to a map of the kiosk locations. I think the cost is $3 a night.

South Pasadena permits can be purchased from a 24hr vending machine in the lobby of the police station, located on Mission St. just east of Fremont Ave. I don't know about online purchases. I think the cost is two bucks a night.

Last edited by drunk on kool aid; 07-18-2012 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 07-18-2012, 01:31 PM

18 posts, read 32,198 times
Thank you so much, that's really really helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles