Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 09:12 PM

5,982 posts, read 13,123,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
It might be a mix of things being too far or the difference in tastes or the huge divide in wealth too but at the same time the West does kinda suck. It's over priced, overly trendy like hell, I mean over the top and living off a reputation thats not real.

What kind of bars starting rounding people out by 1:45?

East and Central LA are where it's at plus Pasadena abd the Valley. I've had more genuine fun in Sherman Oaks and NoHo.

But these places hardly seemed touched. What I mean is that it seems ppl have to discover what's East of Hollywod. It's not showcased in any films or TV.
And that't the amazing thing about LA. After you have seen the areas showcased in films and TV, and been there done that, there are so many other areas to explore. You can never run out of neighborhoods in LA county to explore.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:13 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,626,604 times
I think we are straying off topic, lol. I didn't mean just the bars.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
And that't the amazing thing about LA. After you have seen the areas showcased in films and TV, and been there done that, there are so many other areas to explore. You can never run out of neighborhoods in LA county to explore.
What I'm trying to get at is that the West lives on a totally undeserved reputation.

I've recently just discovered Fairfax and it's amazing. This city is so much more than the West.

The West is literally full of annoying transplants that think they're LA.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:33 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
I don't think it's that it gets all te attention, but that these hidden neighborhoods aren't going to be most noticed by as much people. I liked both sides of LA, nothing wrong with that. Though, I don't see how you could consider the Westside as not LA.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,858,119 times
Quote:
What I'm trying to get at is that the West lives on a totally undeserved reputation.

I've recently just discovered Fairfax and it's amazing. This city is so much more than the West.

The West is literally full of annoying transplants that think they're LA.
Fairfax is awesome. Get pastries and a marble rye at Canter's

I liked hanging out on Sawtelle the one time I did anything nightlife related on the Westside. IMO your OP is a little too harsh on the Westside, there are some totally "real" neighborhoods out there.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 PM

I'm not trying to turn this into a "real" vs. "fake" LA thread.

This has a lot more to do with the fact that the Westside is more well known and more fawned over buy for really no reason at all.

Central LA is proly where I've had the most fun. That and DTLA.

There are real neighborhoods in the West too like in Venice and some areas of Santa Monica but overall I was sorely disappointed. And a lot of people I met were pretty proud about nit venturing out of West LA.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:48 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,858,119 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to turn this into a "real" vs. "fake" LA thread.

This has a lot more to do with the fact that the Westside is more well known and more fawned over buy for really no reason at all.

Central LA is proly where I've had the most fun. That and DTLA.

There are real neighborhoods in the West too like in Venice and some areas of Santa Monica but overall I was sorely disappointed. And a lot of people I met were pretty proud about nit venturing out of West LA.
A piece of advice would be don't react with the same close-minded mentality!

I think it is awesome just about every area of the metro has something to offer.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:49 PM

215 posts, read 490,993 times
Well I live in Westwood, work in East LA, eat lunch in Hollywood 3 times a week and lunch in Los Feliz twice a week. I go wherever I want to in LA west, east, north, and south. I had a dinner party in Van Nuys last week and another one in Santa Monica. I love living on the Westside but I don't ever confine myself to this part of town.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:57 PM

It's not so much close mindedness as it is wondering how one side that's mediocre can be so featured but the other side, which is much more exciting be basically a word of mouth or discovery thing for most.

Also a lot of the stereotypes are in the West. The point is not to be harsh people.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:28 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
THB only thing I really hear about the west side irl is that there is alot of weirdos overthere..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles