Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 03:55 PM

497 posts, read 1,498,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
All bars close at 2am, I get this. You've gladly made your point. But no where but in the West are they drilling home that it's close to 2 get yer asses out. That's what I am getting at.

There are several bars in west la that let you stay right up until 2am. There are also some bars that lock the door and let certain patrons stay well after 2am. smaller neighborhood bars do a last call and ask for glasses at 2am.

If a person hasnt had enough by 2am or made his/her after-bar arrangements, they need to get out on the street and give their last shot or go home and re-think strategy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 04:14 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,603,055 times
The perception I have on this thread is that there are a lot of anti-social people that view people who stay up late as without priorities, druggies or drunks, etc.

I've also noticed that this mentality is pervasive on the Westside more often than not.

Is it just seen as vulgar, pedestrian, too prole or "ghetto" to be a night owl?

Old 08-21-2012, 04:54 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,266,908 times
Quote:
The perception I have on this thread is that there are a lot of anti-social people that view people who stay up late as without priorities, druggies or drunks, etc.

I've also noticed that this mentality is pervasive on the Westside more often than not.

Pretty much. I am a very social person. Always meeting friends, frequently bars and clubs on my free nights as much as possible. But I don't need to stay up till 7 am dancing. It's fine to meet some friends for dinner, then go out to a bar around 10 or 11, and be home by 2. I think the vast majority of people in LA agree.

I've done the whole stay up till the sun rises (or far beyond even) thing and it just makes the next day unproductive. If I'm in bed by 230 I'll be up at a decent late morning hour ready to experience the day.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:17 PM

8,234 posts, read 13,321,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDuderino View Post
Sooo... they must have carefully calculated that a Zero could not possibly have made it from Japan to L.A. undetected, under cover of darkness, by, say, around 1 am or 1:30 am?
Picture yourself at a club shaking your arse off like it is nobody's business, drinking, smoking and doing Kamikaze shots (pun intended), then you leave the club and more Kamikaze shots....Booom!

I much rather get wasted when I am wasted than sober!

Old 08-21-2012, 05:19 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,665,215 times
Everybody there must work 9-5 which means there's no need to consider those who operate on off schedules to keep things going 24/7.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:20 PM

497 posts, read 1,498,148 times
Quote:

Stay out till 4am over the next 12 months and let us know if you still feel the need for that extra 15 minutes at the bar. But get up in the morning too and go to work 5 days a week.

I think you just plain and simply dont like whatever brief contact you have made with some random persons from west la...probably both you and those individuals being recently transplanted from another state and you are painting with a very broad brush.

When you stay out till 7am are you waking up at 9am and going to work, out to breakfast etc...nope.

I've done all that and most of the people who are out at that time have issues that are not good. That has been my experience over many many years and it doesnt matter if you are in West LA, East LA, San Fernando Valley, San Diego, San Francisco, Italy, or Switzerland.

This is turning into a stupid thread.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd1 View Post
Stay out till 4am over the next 12 months and let us know if you still feel the need for that extra 15 minutes at the bar. But get up in the morning too and go to work 5 days a week.

I think you just plain and simply dont like whatever brief contact you have made with some random persons from west la...probably both you and those individuals being recently transplanted from another state and you are painting with a very broad brush.

When you stay out till 7am are you waking up at 9am and going to work, out to breakfast etc...nope.

I've done all that and most of the people who are out at that time have issues that are not good. That has been my experience over many many years and it doesnt matter if you are in West LA, East LA, San Fernando Valley, San Diego, San Francisco, Italy, or Switzerland.

This is turning into a stupid thread.
Ridiculous. I meant the weekends and again the only one painting with a broad brush is the one saying that past a certain hour, the freaks come out.

And then you have the nerve to say that my experience was a just brief contact with someone I didn't like out in West LA.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Pretty much. I am a very social person. Always meeting friends, frequently bars and clubs on my free nights as much as possible. But I don't need to stay up till 7 am dancing. It's fine to meet some friends for dinner, then go out to a bar around 10 or 11, and be home by 2. I think the vast majority of people in LA agree.

I've done the whole stay up till the sun rises (or far beyond even) thing and it just makes the next day unproductive. If I'm in bed by 230 I'll be up at a decent late morning hour ready to experience the day.
But I don't understand how your preference for staying in or going home early is somehow the better experience? Some people like to stay out late and yet your making it seem like it's an addiction.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:06 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,266,908 times
First of all I never stay in unless I have to be up early for something like work or school or whatever. If it's a free night, I'm definitely out. Drinking. Partying. 2 am.

You didn't answer Gregg's question. Try staying up till 7 am on a regular basis when you have work and other obligations.

This whole discussion is stupid anyway. On any weekend there are a number of places you can party all night, you just can't drink (Avalon to name one)

Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer Gregg's question. Try staying up till 7 am on a regular basis when you have work and other obligations.
I know people who do that but that is not what I was referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles