Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2006, 02:01 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So you're saying you approve of foreign nationals, many illegal, getting complete medical coverage for free or a genuine pittance in the U.S. when tax-paying American citizens cannot?
This confuses me. If an American can pay taxes, then they are making money, yes? Why should they qualify for free medical care? We do not have a National healthcare system (like other countries) that benefits taxpaying citizens. Free emergency healthcare is available for American citizens who are indigent or have no money. Nursing homes are full of people like this.

Old 11-11-2006, 03:51 PM

252 posts, read 1,127,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This confuses me. If an American can pay taxes, then they are making money, yes? Why should they qualify for free medical care? We do not have a National healthcare system (like other countries) that benefits taxpaying citizens. Free emergency healthcare is available for American citizens who are indigent or have no money. Nursing homes are full of people like this.
You're right, legal taxpaying citizens deserve no social benefit since they make a dime & should be "able" to afford it; 40% of their pay goes to support programs for those who pay none. Additionally, they should wait 3 months to see a doctor for 90 seconds the govt assigns them.
Illegal immigrants do deserve basic healthcare not entitled to legal wage earners and they get it. Its called Medical, what legal taxpayers fund but cannot equally access. Illegal recipients don't pay for visits so they come in for any & everything. The same doctor, I would have to pay $40 for an office visit. Medical pays the same doctor $12/month of unlimited visits. Do the math. The greater picture, Mexico has the most efficient & cost effective social security program. Its called the US Taxpayer. Excellent business model, our country should adopt it.

Nursing homes, in majority, are full of people who paid a lifetime into the SS system. You consider it free, I consider it a prepayment plan, something people my age are paying into, might not be able to use.

You're confused? I'm confused how mis-informed someone who seems intelligent like yourself could be.

Prop 187 was ruled unconstitutional by, in part, the same interest groups who supports open borders. So the power of the LEGAL people, who spoke with their votes, was stripped by the interest groups who supports those who cannot vote.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:07 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
I can't tell if they are illegal but suspect it when they are involved in a traffic accident, have no documentation, don't speak English, and run when the police are called.
Happened to me too, in Phoenix, at a four-way stop sign. The car blew a stop sign and smashed into another car while looking at a patrol car at the stop sign and wouldn't you know it, everybody started to run away from the scene and the police officers were laughing their as#es off. I believe they got a few suspects that fled.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snb3 View Post
You're right, legal taxpaying citizens deserve no social benefit since they make a dime & should be "able" to afford it; 40% of their pay goes to support programs for those who pay none. Additionally, they should wait 3 months to see a doctor for 90 seconds the govt assigns them.
Illegal immigrants do deserve basic healthcare not entitled to legal wage earners and they get it. Its called Medical, what legal taxpayers fund but cannot equally access. Illegal recipients don't pay for visits so they come in for any & everything. The same doctor, I would have to pay $40 for an office visit. Medical pays the same doctor $12/month of unlimited visits. Do the math.
I took someone with a medical emergency to the county hospital once. They were dropped off around 5:30 a.m. By 5:00 p.m., they still had not seen a doctor. When they finally did get in to see a doctor (in the evening), they were told to return the following day to pickup the prescription they needed (which was a cheap generic antibiotic). All this to save $40? It was crazy but they didn't have the $40 for an office visit with a regular doctor and couldn't find a doctor that would take them without money. (This was a legal US citizen too.)

If we want to have free medical care for all citizens, then we should start pressing our lawmakers to provide it. Canada, England and a lot of other countries already have this type of system in place. Given the fact that many employers are no longer providing medical insurance, it might not be such a bad idea for the USA.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:54 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,151 times
What people need to do is stop running away and stop ignoring the problems of Illegal Immigration.

Stay put in California and fix the problems we are faced with.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:44 PM

231 posts, read 508,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy29 View Post
What people need to do is stop running away and stop ignoring the problems of Illegal Immigration.

Stay put in California and fix the problems we are faced with.
Yes sir, but.....what if we want to go somewhere else? Anyways, isn`t this a problem anywhere you go in the US?

Old 11-13-2006, 08:38 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,151 times
If Americans want to live in other parts of the Country,that's fine with me,but when people run away and are trying to escape the problems of Illegal Immigration,then that's when they should just stay put and fix the problems were faced with,because no matter where you run to,sooner or later you will have to deal with the problems of Illegal Immigration since it's spreading all over this Country,it's just more noticeable here in California and the Southwest States since were closer to the Border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo istmeño View Post
Yes sir, but.....what if we want to go somewhere else? Anyways, isn`t this a problem anywhere you go in the US?

Old 11-13-2006, 09:34 PM

989 posts, read 5,924,655 times
It is predicted that amnesty will be granted to some 12 million illegal immigrants with the dems takeover. It seems democrats in Massachusetts could really care less about illegals impact on Los Angeles. LA is going to deal with what?! -about 60% of the strain.

Ridiculous!

Didn't we learn from our last amnesty mistake? We're never going to "fix" California. The roads are going to continue to crumble.. Traffic is going to continue to become worse.. More illegals will find their way in. Border or no border fence-it's not going to work without a comprehensive enforcement plan. Why the hell aren't local police enforcing this? LA has been deemed by city authorities as a national "illegal immigrant sanctuary!" -no lies! What's wrong with enforcing a federal crime? If LAPD does it all the time-how is immigration different? It would be like the LAPD to enforce stealing from a mailbox.

What message are we sending to our illegal immigrants and our country- if we grant amnesty? It undoubtly degrades our law system.

All democrats say is "let them come out of the shadows..." "let them come out.." boo hoo hooo . shed me a tear darling. To them-their life in "the shadows," (which democrats make seem is so terrible) is more like living for FREE at the ritz carlton. They love it. We keep providing them rooms, and they do keep coming. Their stay has been lengthy and the bill has been high. -But they are still say let's EXCUSE ALL OF THEM!

Last edited by newportbeachsmostwanted; 11-13-2006 at 10:13 PM..

Old 11-14-2006, 02:56 AM

I think the solution has been brought up over and over again. It seems like people choose to ignore it.

WE NEED STIFFER FINES FOR THOSE WHO HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS! A $10,000 fine is NOTHING to many businesses. Why don't we try passing a law where business owners would spend a year in jail for hiring illegals?! A $100,000 fine for each illegal employee!

Many of them would quit coming here if there was NO CHANCE of getting employment!

Old 11-14-2006, 09:19 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,085 times
Hear, hear! See, we agree on somehing, UB50.

Newportsmost wanted, the LAPD is legally constrained from acting upon an apprehended criminal's legal or illegal immigration status by Special Order 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles