U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:18 PM

23 posts, read 98,517 times
Default Los Angeles and the illegal immigration problem

To all who are considering moving to LA:

RUN, dont walk, away !!!

The liberal media has given much coverage to the issue, but it never seems to point out that the illegal immigration problem in LA has caused CONSIDERABLE quality of life issues.

Our freeways/streets are CROWDED and getting worse every day. When the "day without an immigrant" (google it if you dont know what that was) happened, it took only ~15 minutes to drive to work (~20 mile drive) as opposed to the normal 45 min. drive.

If you are not of hispanic origin, I hope you like reverse racism, as it is blatant everywhere. For the most part, these people HATE "the gringos". Hope your little son knows karate, because the children will pick fights with him at school, as these people come from a "machismo" type of culture, and they are taught from day one that "gringos = ****s". In other words, if you don't fight, you aren't a man.

Everyone, everywhere, speaks spanish. There are billboards in spanish, and the corporations/t.v. stations pander to these people.

If you are looking for the "American way of life", please steer clear of Los Angeles and most of Orange county (except for places like Irvine and Laguna Niguel, which haven't bowed (yet) to illegal immigration supporters. The quality of life in Irvine is EXCELLENT !!!).

I have lived here for all of my life, and this city is on a steady downward spiral, for those of us who have grown accustomed to a certain way of life.

They do not assimilate into society, and they bring their own cultures/traditions to Los Angeles, and generally ruin it for everyone else.

Even the surrounding suburbs within 50 miles of Los Angeles, have become overrun by this social problem.

Again, if you are liberal, or if you sympathize with these illegal aliens, ..... then California is the place for you !!

Last edited by premed429; 09-26-2006 at 01:27 PM..

Old 09-26-2006, 02:14 PM

800 posts, read 3,031,378 times
Is the government doing anything in California nationally or locally?

Just curious...

Old 09-26-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
Is the government doing anything in California nationally or locally?

Just curious...

I have written my congresswoman as well as several state and local authorities and have gotten the same general "blame someone else" response.

They blamed Congress, the President, other law makers for citing why "their hands were tied".

In reality, the politicians FEAR take any steps against the illegal immigration problem for fear of the loss of the "latino vote".

The illegal immigration supporters are very strong, and they know no boundaries in what I have seen them do/try to do in order to shame this fair state into them getting their way.

It disgusts me as an American citizen to see the laws being broken on a daily basis, and not one of our leaders doing a darn thing to stop it.

Pitiful.

This is why I (and thousands of other "Angelinos") are looking to move out of state. Call it "white flight" if you will....but whatever happened to the good ol' days?

Immigration is great !!! Just not the illegal kind.

Sometimes I dream of how other parts of this country are.....where you can afford a house in NICE neighborhood for under 300k (600k median average price out here). Where you can still be proud to be an American, where you know your neighbors name and vice versa and actually socialize with them.

Where I don't have to worry much about gangs/crime/drugs etc.

From what I am seeing on these forums, those types of places do still exist....to a point.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:30 PM

1,398 posts, read 4,597,921 times
Premed, a lot of posters have offered their takes on this subject on various Los Angeles threads here. While I may agree with the conclusions you reached, I would suggest it's better to do two things here, so that the mods don't pop up and censor you in future. 1, show facts, real life, first-person observation of antisocial behaviours, statistics or something specific; and 2, try to reconcile that the problems really are related to the illegals and similar lawbreakers, not just a demographic.

There are many posters on this forum who are of "various demographics" but literate, professional people who are in fact the future of Los Angeles. They frequently are open to hearing a different take on how people from similar backgrounds to theirs are perceived. I have found it enlightening to chat with them, as I would with any fellow Los Angeles citizen, about these problems on this forum, and it helps anyone thinking of relocating here understand the complexities and scope of these problems.

That said, I am voting with my feet, and after 50 years of watching quality of life issues spiral downward will relocate anywhere but here the nanosecond my husband retires.

Last edited by fastfilm; 09-26-2006 at 04:33 PM..

Old 09-26-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Premed, a lot of posters have offered their takes on this subject on various Los Angeles threads here. While I may agree with the conclusions you reached, I would suggest it's better to do two things here, so that the mods don't pop up and censor you in future. 1, show facts, real life, first-person observation of antisocial behaviours, statistics or something specific; and 2, try to reconcile that the problems reallyi are related to the illegals and similar lawbreakers, not just a demographic.

There are many posters on this forum who are of "various demographics" but literate, professional people who are in fact the future of Los Angeles. They frequently are open to hearing a different take on how people from similar backgrounds to theirs are perceived. I have found it enlightening to chat with them, as I would with any fellow Los Angeles citizen, about these problems on this forum, and it helps anyone thinking of relocating here understand the complexities and scope of these problems.

That said, I am voting with my feet, and after 50 years of watching quality of life issues spiral downward will relocate anywhere but here the nanosecond my husband retires.

I have thousands of stories to tell. I am 20 years your junior, but still have lived enough out here to make an honest unbiased observation.

I tried to make my post without sounding like a kkk member (of which I am not) and I also tried to make it without interjecting any political opinion.

I was just telling it like it is, ma'am. I harbor no racial prejudices towards anyone, as my family are ethnic minorities as well. The only diff. between my family and the "Jose Dominguezes" of this state, is that my family emmigrated from Europe legally. Proper paperwork in hand, they ASSIMILATED into society.

Went to college and etc. Not saying that all illegals are out to rape my daughter, kill my dog and steal my car.....but for the most part, they just bring that bad way of life with them over the border and I'm honestly tired of it.

If anyone wants to hear the nightmares in los angeles you can REASONABLY expect to face, send me a private message.

I'm through. Just wanted to give everyone thinking about moving out here a heads-up.

Not trying to start a fuss over here. I just miss the way things were back in the old days.....and you are about as old as my parents are, so you should remember those days as well. The quality of life out here was alot nicer.

But I do agree, without proper facts in my original post....it just looks like I'm a ranting, raving lunatic. I am one of those "intelligent young professionals" and it has become SUCH an issue with me......that I am at my wit's end.

This is why I am on this forum.

This is my brain telling me it is time to move out of state.

I'm just fed up !!!

Old 09-26-2006, 04:39 PM

My brain, eyes, ears, nose and everything else are telling me to flee Los Angeles as well. And illegals have shot at my dogs through the fence! And pushed me off the sidewalks, spit at me, etc. Preaching to the choir here.

However, I feel it useful to remind forum readers who haven't experienced what you and I have experienced that we are not making this up as online flamers.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:50 PM

I agree, I am not unfairly targeting any ethnic group.....(although we all know where the majority of them come from).

The only way you could understand how bad it is....is for you to experience it yourself.

It is kind of like someone from the midwest telling me about how bad tornadoes are.
Big whoop !!

All I see tornadoes as, are big columns of wind, you can just run from.

I have not gone through a tornado before.....

Now, if you put me in the middle of a tornado, or a tornado was bearing down on my town, I might understand why they are so bad.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:41 PM

To back up what PreMed has said, I'm offering a link to the actual Special Order 40, which prevents all law enforcement in Los Angeles from dealing with illegals. This is a classic case of unintended consequences from policy. (Many people reading these forums do not understand how Los Angeles became Mecca for illegals.)
http://keepstuff.homestead.com/Spec40orig.html

Old 09-27-2006, 12:27 PM

2,909 posts, read 9,992,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
My brain, eyes, ears, nose and everything else are telling me to flee Los Angeles as well. And illegals have shot at my dogs through the fence! And pushed me off the sidewalks, spit at me, etc. Preaching to the choir here.

However, I feel it useful to remind forum readers who haven't experienced what you and I have experienced that we are not making this up as online flamers.

And the police wont do a thing about it?
You and premed are right, illegal immigrants have ruined parts of California. Will anything be done about it in the future, maybe deport most of the illegals back to where they came and restore LA back to glory? If not, soon all the natives will be gone and real estate values will decimate in LA and the mayors can deal with the slums of LA

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To back up what PreMed has said, I'm offering a link to the actual Special Order 40, which prevents all law enforcement in Los Angeles from dealing with illegals."

So they can do crimes and get away with it? I can see all the natives fleeing LA!

Old 09-27-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
And the police wont do a thing about it?
You and premed are right, illegal immigrants have ruined parts of California. Will anything be done about it in the future, maybe deport most of the illegals back to where they came and restore LA back to glory? If not, soon all the natives will be gone and real estate values will decimate in LA and the mayors can deal with the slums of LA

It's not going to happen. The illegals have almost the entire Latino community supporting them. Whenever anyone, anywhere says anything about the illegals breaking the law by illegally entering into this country, cries of "Racism" and "xenophobia" soon follow.

Nobody says anything becuase they feel ashamed to stand up for their rights. This is not about race/creed/color/religion, this is about following the laws of this country !!!

They are shaming this entire state under the guise of "racism" and "human rights" in order to get their way.

Nobody is doing a thing about it !!

I find this deplorable.

Call me old fashioned, but my parents raised me to follow the law. Why can't others do the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles