Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 01:59 AM

91 posts, read 134,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
[/b]

Translation: I wrote this article.

You and your lady musician friend better brush up on your facts---East Coast cities by and large are more segregated than Los Angeles.

Most Segregated Cities In America - Business Insider

4. New York
7. Chicago
16. Philadelphia

I like how she calls everyone here ignorant, yet seemed to know next to nothing about LA and didn't even even bother to visit before moving in. Did she leave? I hope so.

God forbid some Angelenos love the hell out of their city and would never dream of living anywhere else. How dare they! They need to escape their bubbles and follow Random Internet Guy to greener pastures.
Guess you didn't like the truth? FYI, can you please link me to your research on the MOST SEGREGATED CITIES IN AMERICA - BUSINESS INSIDER. There is something wrong to click on it? I would like to read it in order to find out to be your solid evidence on those 3 cities. I've been to all 3 cities & I didn't have any racial problems, but in LA I did & no I'm not white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 02:10 AM

Quote:
[/b]

You and your lady musician friend better brush up on your facts---East Coast cities by and large are more segregated than Los Angeles.

4. New York
7. Chicago
16. Philadelphia

I like how she calls everyone here ignorant, yet seemed to know next to nothing about LA and didn't even even bother to visit before moving in. Did she leave? I hope so.

God forbid some Angelenos love the hell out of their city and would never dream of living anywhere else. How dare they! They need to escape their bubbles and follow Random Internet Guy to greener pastures.
Guess the truth hurts about the realities of LA to be in some sort of a bubble? Can you please relink me on your research? MOST SEGREGATED CITIES IN AMERICA - BUSINESS INSIDER. If you were able to provide some solid evidence? I tried to click on it, but it won't allow me to connect. I've been to all 3 cities & I didn't have any racial problems, but I did have some problems in LA & no I'm not white. Yes, many major cities have rich vs. poor gap, but in LA & other unfortunate nice tropical cities have too much of it. Too much fun under the sun can make you complacent.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:24 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Link works just fine.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:57 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,635,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
You post is well taken.
Everything you said is absolute truth, especially regarding the job market.
If some one who has no advanced education is contemplating a move to this city, in the hopes of landing "any" kind of employment, I would suggest you stay put where you are.
California, and Los Angeles in particular cater to the illegal population.
Politician know it is only a matter of time when they will be the major voting block, and for that, they bend over backwards to do all they can to garner their votes.
It's as simple as that.
For any one who doesn't think the Hispanic population in California is taking over, just look around and see what race of people are gaining in numbers to elected positions.
Los Angeles is still a great place for many, and their are opportunities if you seek them out.
If you are making a move here without some extended education, or employment credentials, you are in for a very rude awakening.
Fortunately for me, I made "my way" long before demographics had such a stronghold on this city.
I availed myself of the opportunities presented, without fear or concern that some illegal would step in and offer her, or himself as my replacement.
Bob.
I always find it funny and ironic when a dominant culture complain about a race taking over. LA is getting even more amazing with the new metro lines being built. Can't wait!

Old 04-22-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydigga View Post
I always find it funny and ironic when a dominant culture complain about a race taking over. LA is getting even more amazing with the new metro lines being built. Can't wait!
Maybe by 2100.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
[/b]

4. New York
7. Chicago
16. Philadelphia

Finally, I was able to click on your link about the MOST SEGREGATED CITIES IN AMERICA - BUSINESS INSIDER. Don't forget, LA is ranked as 24th along with the other top 25 US major cities. Whoopy do again, all 3 cities are ranked above LA as the MOST SEGREGATED CITIES. Have you seen all of the diverse demographic colors in NYC, CHI, & Philly? They're very beautiful!

Since all 3 major cities are built in the center & have very EFFICIENT mass transit systems than LA.

YES, I've experienced folks in LA to flake out b/c of its mass suburban sprawl in order to commute by vehicle to be a nightmare drama. Trust me, it wasn't too fun! When you plan the time & money to expect the people, who you are friends with to get together & hang out. Unfortunately, many Angelenos are stuck in the past such as their high school days. How sad that they didn't seem to mature & go forward such as their career professions, travel around the world, or just to have a mindful wisdom of life. I forgot again, Angelenos don't seem to discuss & interact about constructive intellectual, philosophical, politically incorrect, or reality subjects on this planet. Furthermore I realized that LA folks are "LAID-BACK" aka "DON'T CARE" or "NOT TO HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS." This is where I can understand about this female blogger's disappointment in LA. LA has a lot of soul searching to do b/c of the artificial & shallow culture it brings out. WAKE UP LA!

Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,990,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM-SHADOW View Post
Finally, I was able to click on your link about the MOST SEGREGATED CITIES IN AMERICA - BUSINESS INSIDER. Don't forget, LA is ranked as 24th along with the other top 25 US major cities. Whoopy do again, all 3 cities are ranked above LA as the MOST SEGREGATED CITIES. Have you seen all of the diverse demographic colors in NYC, CHI, & Philly? They're very beautiful!

Since all 3 major cities are built in the center & have very EFFICIENT mass transit systems than LA.

YES, I've experienced folks in LA to flake out b/c of its mass suburban sprawl in order to commute by vehicle to be a nightmare drama. Trust me, it wasn't too fun! When you plan the time & money to expect the people, who you are friends with to get together & hang out. Unfortunately, many Angelenos are stuck in the past such as their high school days. How sad that they didn't seem to mature & go forward such as their career professions, travel around the world, or just to have a mindful wisdom of life. I forgot again, Angelenos don't seem to discuss & interact about constructive intellectual, philosophical, politically incorrect, or reality subjects on this planet. Furthermore I realized that LA folks are "LAID-BACK" aka "DON'T CARE" or "NOT TO HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS." This is where I can understand about this female blogger's disappointment in LA. LA has a lot of soul searching to do b/c of the artificial & shallow culture it brings out. WAKE UP LA!
Sorry nobody wanted to hang out with you... You seem like just such a fantastic isn't person to hang out with.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:36 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
I think the reason they flaked out on you is because you're an annoying whiner, not because of transit issues.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:54 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,990,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM-SHADOW View Post

Yeah, thanks for proving our point. We ranked at the bottom of the most segregated cities. Can you comprehend what the list is? 24 cities ranked ahead of LA for how segregated they were.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Sorry nobody wanted to hang out with you... You seem like just such a fantastic isn't person to hang out with.
Well thank you very much! Why should I hang out with you too? Sorry, but I'm not gay & I hang out with people to have depth, intelligence, & wisdom in their lives. An example is a person, who traveled around the country & world other than LA & its HW culture (LV included) to be superficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles