Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:43 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times

Advertisements

LA definitely has great pizza. Pizzeria Mozza has the most high end, not personally a fan.

For basic pizzas Frankie and Johnnies is a good chain.

Vito's on La cienega is said to be the best by many

My personal favorite is Z Pizza in West Hollywood and Larchmont. It's not the best tasting, but it is healthy, light, cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 11:09 PM

567 posts, read 1,120,036 times
There's a Greek restaurant way the hell up in Santa Clarita called Athena's, and they have the best friggin' "Greek pizza" (people from Chicago might know what that is) in the entire world. The one with all the meat on it, including lamb kebob, is the best freaking pizza I've ever had in my entire life and I actually live in Italy!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:18 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,077,874 times
Anyone have some good places in Long Beach?

I just went to Milana's earlier today (it's near the downtown Long Beach area, near the Wal-Mart) and had a couple of NYC style slices, and it was pretty damn good, probably the best I've had in SoCal, though I haven't had a lot of pizza in SoCal. A Slice of New York in Seal Beach is very decent too though.

Z Pizza is ok but just kinda bland and yuppyish, they're too light for my taste. But if you want something way lighter than your usual NYC style slice, go for it, it's quite good for a light pizza slice. I'm just not into light pizza.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,851,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
They are indeed still there. Matter of fact, I attended high school just around the corner. We went several times, but it's expensive for what you get. IMO the crust is dry but supposedly they pack on plenty of toppings. Plus, they've been around forever.

Petrillo's Pizza Restaurant - San Gabriel, CA
I live less than a mile from the Petrillo's in Glendora.

I've never tried its pizza even though I live so close. I always hear about how good it is from my colleagues.

As a bonus, SGV's most famous pancake/breakfast place, Flappy Jack's, is just across the street from the Glendora Petrillo's.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:53 AM

611 posts, read 1,600,851 times
Vito's on La Cienega and Willoughby is my go to joint when I crave good pizza.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:43 PM
NG3

22 posts, read 42,599 times
I just looked up the The Luggage Room on Yelp. Has anybody had that place?

Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
LA definitely has great pizza. Pizzeria Mozza has the most high end, not personally a fan.

For basic pizzas Frankie and Johnnies is a good chain.

Vito's on La cienega is said to be the best by many

My personal favorite is Z Pizza in West Hollywood and Larchmont. It's not the best tasting, but it is healthy, light, cheap.
I had Pizzeria Mozza recommended to me, but didn't make it there. I did not like Urbano Pizza Bar in downtown LA, thought it was kinda crap. But nice atmosphere.

Didn't know there were so many awesome pizza places in existence! Can't wait to try them all.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG3 View Post
I just looked up the The Luggage Room on Yelp. Has anybody had that place?
They were closed the day I was in Pasadena, so another place I missed. But I can vouch for Settebello.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:24 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Has anyone been to "The Oven Grinder" in Chicago?

Basically they serve a Pizza Pot Pie.

They line a bowl with dough, then put the ingredients such as pepperoni, cheese, mushrooms and the sauce. Then cover the top with a layer of dough. When they bake it, the top rises so it looks like a mushroom. When it's served, they flip it upside down and now you got a pizza pot pie, or pizza bowl. And you eat it with a fork..

Any place like that around here?

Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,626,063 times
Is Pitfire a local chain? It's really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles