Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,421 times

Advertisements

i live in long beach and at starting a new job at the century plaza located on 2025 ave of the stars. does anybody knows theres any buses or metro line that can take you in in that location? i live near the blue line in long beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,074,702 times
Well that commute is gonna suck by car or Metro. You could take the blue line to the expo line and ride it out to Culver City, then I guess take a bus to Century City where the hotel is. Or take one of the Rapid lines down Wilshere or Santa Monica Blvd from downtown LA. Probably looking at 2.5 hours at least on public transit.

I'd look into moving to the Palms area which is near Century City and fairly affordable by West LA standards.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM

1,018 posts, read 1,849,133 times
Well, if your work hours are in synch with it (basically arriving at the hotel between 7:30 and 9 am, leaving between 4 and 5:30 pm weekdays), you can take the Blue Line to 7th St. in Downtown LA, then take LADOT Commuter Express bus 534 to Century City. That cuts the trip to about an hour and a half.

At another time of day, it's much like Mayorhaggar said. Blue Line to Pico station. Expo line To Culver City, Santa Monica Big Blue Bus 5 to Century City. That's two hours.

If you think you're going to be doing this job for awhile, moving would be a good idea. You might have to live a half hour bus ride away, but that would be a lot better than two hours.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Once you've made it to downtown LA via the Blue Line, the #28 bus which runs along Olympic Blvd. will take you to Century City, but that two hour trip in each direction is indeed gruesome.

I'd also advise finding someplace much closer to Century City.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM

399 posts, read 727,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Once you've made it to downtown LA via the Blue Line, the #28 bus which runs along Olympic Blvd. will take you to Century City, but that two hour trip in each direction is indeed gruesome.

I'd also advise finding someplace much closer to Century City.
You could save a few minutes on this routing by catching the Rapid 728, which also goes to Century City. Problem is, the 728 (and the 28) run on Olympic Blvd, and the Blue Line does not stop there. You'd have to walk a few blocks, either from Pico station or 7th St/Metro Center. Or you could catch the DASH F route at Figueroa & Pico and take it to Olympic, but I think that is an extra fare (50 cents?)

Old 10-13-2012, 10:00 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,150,657 times
I have a way for you: park your car at the Long Beach Transit Mall Station (128 W 1st St
Long Beach, CA 90802). Take the Blue Line and get off at 7th Street/Metro Center Station. Catch the Metro Silver Line 910 bus until Flower Street and Olympic Boulevard. Finally, ride the Metro Rapid 728 bus until "Constellation Eb & Mgm Dr Mb" (that's supposed to be "Eastblock", but the Metro bus cannot accommodate a line that long).

Still gonna be two hours minimum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles