Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 09:18 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,643,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
There haven't been bums in SoHo for 15 years.
Nope. Gulianni took care of that. Unfortunately, LA will probably never have a mayor willing to take that hard of a line on getting the homeless off the streets. We're as soft as San Francisco, but with far more homeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 09:45 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,562,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
Nope. Gulianni took care of that. Unfortunately, LA will probably never have a mayor willing to take that hard of a line on getting the homeless off the streets. We're as soft as San Francisco, but with far more homeless.
Yeah, that cousin-lover was a true problem-solver buying all those one-way bus tickets.

Last edited by nslander; 08-11-2014 at 09:54 PM..

Old 08-11-2014, 11:48 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
I think they just don't like how the local government is run.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:49 AM

31 posts, read 33,296 times
Default Paragraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
You should look up "paragraph" in the dictionary.
Yes I do tend to write sloppily on the phone, not worry about punctuation nor paragraphs. I'm just trying to hit the letters right with my giant fingers. My sincere apologies if I offended you.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:52 AM

What started as affectionate good natured complaining has somehow turned kind of ugly. Better days

Old 08-12-2014, 02:59 AM

Default Sane Government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
There is a reason for that. Texas has a sane state government, California has an insane state government. Texas is pro-business, California is anti-business. Texas has a lower cost of living.s

Hey, c'mon back to L.A. One more face here won't make any difference.
I read they were going to start serving liquor at the gun shows in Texas that should be interesting. So many people here just loved it when Perry said come on down to Texas to all the gun shows. What a gem. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:02 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
I live in Sylmar, 30 miles from city hall but still part of LA, probably one of the farthest towns thats still LA. In the northeast San Fernando Valley. A lot of small old houses on small lots, then a lot of big sprawling ranch houses on big lots, and since this is the far corner of the valley parts were the last to get developed so a lot of new houses. Every vacant lot eventually got a house built on it.
Development companies buy run down houses all the time here and fix them up, often spending a lot of money, new roofs paint, lawn, maybe driveway, whatever to make them look nice for resale.
Very few apartments, I have read Sylmar is one of the highest home ownership areas.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:56 AM

103 posts, read 128,956 times
I've always had a desire to live in LA but I always felt LA wasn't a place for down to earth people like me. lol Not saying everyone that lives in L A is crazy or something. L A just seem like a city of extremes. You're either extremely rich, extremely poor, extremely crazy or extremely naive. Those are the types of people I've noticed that live in L A. The point that I've always had that desire to move to LA makes me wonder, if I'm not one of those types myself. lol . I believe in order to love L A you have to be a special type of person because I don't believe average people can be happy there. I've known a few average people move to L A and within months wondering if they made the right choice. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to give L A try.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:59 AM

103 posts, read 128,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78's View Post
I read they were going to start serving liquor at the gun shows in Texas that should be interesting. So many people here just loved it when Perry said come on down to Texas to all the gun shows. What a gem. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Liquor at the gun shows ???? Well that sounds like something Texas would do. Everyone's last words in Texas are "HEY WATCH THIS". haha

Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 PM

Lots of nice down to earth people there but they are cautious, it's a big city. It takes about. 2 years to get to the point where you have good friends a a job is easier to get. Many people are transient or they get lonely and go home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles