Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinso View Post
Oh yeah forgot to include in my post that the cop got me for tinted windows also...

I feel like I should contest my ticket if I can. Any suggestions or advice?
...Why do you "feel" you should contest it? Seems like you knowingly admit to violating the vc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Quote:
I violated VC 21950(a), which is failure to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk.
I got you beat on that one. 1995, a ticket on the freeway for doing 56 in a 55 zone.

Quote:
Oh yeah forgot to include in my post that the cop got me for tinted windows also...

I feel like I should contest my ticket if I can. Any suggestions or advice?
No chance on beating either ticket. Time wasted trying.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 PM

5 posts, read 12,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
...Why do you "feel" you should contest it? Seems like you knowingly admit to violating the vc.

Didnt admit my guilt on the ticket. Already have to pay the bail amount, why not try if I got nothing else to lose? I wont get penalized more if I lose the contestation. Thats why I "feel" like I should. We get the right to contest pursuant to vc 40902 in a written not guilty plea.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I got you beat on that one. 1995, a ticket on the freeway for doing 56 in a 55 zone.

No chance on beating either ticket. Time wasted trying.

LOL wow. 1 mile over huh? Guess the laws the law. Nowadays though you almost never get pulled over unless your at least 10 miles over.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Didnt admit my guilt on the ticket. Already have to pay the bail amount, why not try if I got nothing else to lose? I wont get penalized more if I lose the contestation. Thats why I "feel" like I should. We get the right to contest pursuant to vc 40902 in a written not guilty plea.
Uh, you did in your first post?

Either way, you're well within your rights to contest, just seems like a huge waste of everyone's time to contest something you knew you did wrong.

But hey, maybe your time is less valuable than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,761,515 times
If you are ever close to your home and you get to your house they can't ticket you or come after you and most cops won't get a search warrant.

Most cops are out to raise money for their government and for pay raises, so there is no talking out of it, but you can be rude and give crap to the cops and they can't do **** you being rude and at least you are getting back at them in that way.

At a Starbucks I used to hang at, some CHP would always walk by and give me a bad look so I would take my cigarette and buff smoke at them and talk behind their back and get them mad. They don't respect people, so people don't have to respect them I say. They couldn't do nadda because it's a private business, private owned parking lot, and they are on breaks.

Anyways, follow the rules. Never go more than 70 on the road and slow down from 70 even.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
If you are ever close to your home and you get to your house they can't ticket you or come after you and most cops won't get a search warrant.

Most cops are out to raise money for their government and for pay raises, so there is no talking out of it, but you can be rude and give crap to the cops and they can't do **** you being rude and at least you are getting back at them in that way.

At a Starbucks I used to hang at, some CHP would always walk by and give me a bad look so I would take my cigarette and buff smoke at them and talk behind their back and get them mad. They don't respect people, so people don't have to respect them I say. They couldn't do nadda because it's a private business, private owned parking lot, and they are on breaks.

Anyways, follow the rules. Never go more than 70 on the road and slow down from 70 even.
You sure have figured the world out, it seems.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:04 AM

[quote=1200RT;26698325]Uh, you did in your first post?

Either way, you're well within your rights to contest, just seems like a huge waste of everyone's time to contest something you knew you did wrong.

But hey, maybe your time is less valuable than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using
Learn to read better, when did I ever say Im guilty?

Plus this is a forum for advise and communication with users who might offer their 2 cents.

Are you a judge? What authority do you have anyway? Are you speaking from experience?

If your time is so valuable please use it to troll elsewhere.

If I can contest and win my money back and keep that point off my record, thats time well invested imo. Whats it to you anyway if I do or not?

Your wasting both my time and yours posting codescending remarks. Go find something more constructive to do with your 'valuable' time and dont post something unless its useful sir.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:20 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post

. They couldn't do nadda because it's a private business, private owned parking lot, and they are on breaks.

Incorrect on both counts.

Police can get you anywhere if you are breaking the law. They do not need a search warrant to arrest you at your home.

A friend tried this and not only got a DUI in their driveway but also got ticketed for trying to run from the police.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
The fine is $234.

I was later told at Union Station that police LOVE to be strict during holiday season. Towards the end of the year is when they eye patrons for the slightest thing and will not let them go, because these officers will receive raises.

Gee, I've been on the LAPD for 38 years and never knew that. Look at all the raises I've missed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles