Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,639 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm new to this. I was wondering if anyone knew of good online resources or any to finding an apartment. I'm planning on moving out to Los Angeles, because I will attending school at Cal State Northridge. Thanks for your consideration.

Oliviakq23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 03:33 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaland transplant View Post
Trust me, the company is pretty solid. They just need someone to be there ASAP and I have to fulfill obligations here so the timing isn't the best and I am not able to take them up on their offer to visit first. I live just outside San Jose.
You must work for one of the internet companies like Yahoo. They are moving into Burbank in a big way. If so, you probably want to look for housing in Burbank or Glendale. Almost all of Burbank is good for housing except for the small area near the Burbank Airport (north of the train tracks, and south of I-5). It's very industrial in that part so the housing isn't that great. North of Glenoaks close to the Media Center Mall is very nice if you like to walk to things.

Actually, anywhere close to Glenoaks, above the freeways is good in both Glendale and Burbank.

Houses in Burbank and Glendale are very small and older. It may be hard to find a three bedroom for $3K a month.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:10 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Houses in Burbank and Glendale are very small and older. It may be hard to find a three bedroom for $3K a month.
It may also be difficult to find a house in Burbank with a garage large enough for an SUV. Many of those older Burbank homes were built for aerospace employees many years ago on small lots so as to fit more in on each block.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:00 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
If you want a hip place with plenty to walk to, you'd love Old Pasadena (and surrounding area) and it's close to Glendale. It's a gorgeous walkable urban village with just about everything.

Glendale along Brand Blvd has plenty to do but I wouldn't call it "hip". I lived in Glendale and liked it there. I preferred Pasadena by a mile.

Burbank is nice right around the studios, Riverside Drive has a few fun things with an urban village feel...but it may be too quiet for you.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:43 AM

4 posts, read 73,313 times
I currently live in Glendale, and it's a pretty decent area. My mom, dad, and my sister are currently in the process of finding a new place in the city, and so far, the best research tool that we've come across is CraigsList, so you might want to try using that.

Good luck, and if you need any more help, just let me know.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:01 PM

11 posts, read 27,302 times
Definitely, Toluca Lake is much more classier than Glendale, also the Burbank Media District center, border of Toluca Lake... Oh,...and La Canada Flintridge,..It has the top best schools, for your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles