Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:36 PM

369 posts, read 1,960,051 times

Advertisements

Belmont Heights is lovely, and the differences are minimal. Belmont Height and the Shore are snuggled right up against each other. I would say that BH has more single family homes and more families. I would say that the Shore has more apartments, more singles, more students. Not to say that either don't live in the other, mind you, I am only generalizing. You would probably enjoy both. The Heights has better parking, while the Shore can be ridiculous if you do not have parking where you live. I live in Bluff Park, and it is nice as well. 5 minutes to the Shore or Heights. There are several apartment for rent around here - average rent for a 1 bedroom appears to be about $1300.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:20 PM

61 posts, read 210,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnaie View Post
Belmont Heights is lovely, and the differences are minimal. Belmont Height and the Shore are snuggled right up against each other. I would say that BH has more single family homes and more families. I would say that the Shore has more apartments, more singles, more students. Not to say that either don't live in the other, mind you, I am only generalizing. You would probably enjoy both. The Heights has better parking, while the Shore can be ridiculous if you do not have parking where you live. I live in Bluff Park, and it is nice as well. 5 minutes to the Shore or Heights. There are several apartment for rent around here - average rent for a 1 bedroom appears to be about $1300.

Is the proximity to the beach, the reason for the difference in rent?

What about crime, drugs, hookers, is Belmont Heights just as safe as Belmont Shore?

Old 10-11-2007, 04:31 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
NO!!!! NOT PLAYA VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playa del Rey is okay though.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:42 PM

Damn, I don't know any of the playas

Old 10-11-2007, 04:50 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
Playa Vista is a planned community that looks like s+++. It's also built on top of a natural natural-gas release underground so it clogs up the holes. One day, those holes will build up pressure and explode!YAY!! I hate those places. Mainly it's because they ruined one of the only natural habitats left in LA.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM

Oh ok, I'm going with Belmont for now, till I get told otherwise.

I keep hearing there are good places to eat, which ones?

Old 10-11-2007, 05:43 PM

916 posts, read 3,698,852 times
Belmont Heights is right next to Belmont Shore. Both are very safe and expensive. Heights is more SFR and less apartments so it tends to have more families than singles. The homes tend to be a bit bigger with bigger lots as well.

Long Beach is a big city and parts do have a black population. You certainly won't have any trouble being black in Belmont Shore / Heights, but just so you know it is a predominantly white area. Again, that doesn't mean a black person won't feel comfortable, just want to set expectations. Downtown has a bit more diversity if that's what you're looking for.

2nd Street has a college / frat feel late on Thurs nights. Otherwise it's family friendly.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesRes View Post
Belmont Heights is right next to Belmont Shore. Both are very safe and expensive. Heights is more SFR and less apartments so it tends to have more families than singles. The homes tend to be a bit bigger with bigger lots as well.

Long Beach is a big city and parts do have a black population. You certainly won't have any trouble being black in Belmont Shore / Heights, but just so you know it is a predominantly white area. Again, that doesn't mean a black person won't feel comfortable, just want to set expectations. Downtown has a bit more diversity if that's what you're looking for.

2nd Street has a college / frat feel late on Thurs nights. Otherwise it's family friendly.
Thx Naples

Old 10-11-2007, 11:06 PM

100 posts, read 563,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by find5470 View Post
I just found a hotel on Grunion Gazette - Royal Hotel - [SIZE=3][CENTER]ONLY $165 PER WEEK*!
Weekly Rooms
Remodeled, Clean
And Quiet...Just Blocks From The Beach!
431 East Broadway
In "The East Village"

Call (562) 495-0633 *+ tax

Anyone know anything about this place?
Wow, cool thats a cheap rate per week, I'm actually looking at Long Beach myself (but for college at CSULB), I would say that the place is probably dirty and a bit run down but its probably still safe to stay at, I've stayed at places like it in San Diego for a cheap weekly rate and there are some homeless type people who stay there but I've never had problems, in fact the only time I've ever really had problems with people in California is in my small hometown, everyone seems to mind their own business more in the cities.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california_guy110 View Post
Wow, cool thats a cheap rate per week, I'm actually looking at Long Beach myself (but for college at CSULB), I would say that the place is probably dirty and a bit run down but its probably still safe to stay at, I've stayed at places like it in San Diego for a cheap weekly rate and there are some homeless type people who stay there but I've never had problems, in fact the only time I've ever really had problems with people in California is in my small hometown, everyone seems to mind their own business more in the cities.
I saw a couple of threads from you,

What have you found out so far?

Are you in Long Beach yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles