Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,011 times

Advertisements

What is the typical rate? Is it lower or higher than Burbank? Also, would Pasadena would be a bad commute to North Hollywood? I have a possible job in North Hollywood, so now trying to decide where to live, if not there. Also thinking of Long Beach, as it may be more affordable. How would a commute from Long Beach to North Hollywood be, or should this not even be a consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Typical rate really depends on part of north Hollywood . North Hollywood is generally cheaper than Burbank . Long beach to noho would be kinda of a nightmare I think .. Pasadena to noho wouldn't be too bad ...but Pasadena is sorta pricey if you can afford Pasadena you should be able to afford something nice in north Hollywood or a nicer area closer by like Burbank , maybe studio city or valley village ..valley village is next to noho but a better area for sure

What is your budget ?

Old 11-28-2012, 11:37 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Typical rate really depends on part of north Hollywood . North Hollywood is generally cheaper than Burbank . Long beach to noho would be kinda of a nightmare I think .. Pasadena to noho wouldn't be too bad ...but Pasadena is sorta pricey if you can afford Pasadena you should be able to afford something nice in north Hollywood or a nicer area closer by like Burbank , maybe studio city or valley village ..valley village is next to noho but a better area for sure

What is your budget ?
Thanks for the response. Budget is between $900-1100.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Thanks for the response. Budget is between $900-1100.
An older apartment in Burbank should suit you fine.

For instance:

Magnolia Park Downstairs 1 BR

LOVELY 1 + 1 IN BURBANK

I clicked on links to some of those apartments in North Hollywood. IMO its not worth the $100-200/mo savings to live in one of those $850 apartments. Do yourself a favor and click on the google street views in those areas. Theres still very sketchy parts of No Ho and those apartments are that inexpensive for a reason.

FWIW, if you don't find what you are looking for in Burbank, take a look at older places in Sherman Oaks. Its also a very nice area and for the most part you would be looking at a 15-20 minute morning drive on surface streets.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:21 PM

448 posts, read 1,605,320 times
NoHo will be great for you. I've lived in this neighborhood for a few years now and love it. I've lived all over the valley and even in the basin and I love it here the most. It's an artsy community with shops and cafes in walking distance. Burbank and Valley Village are too vanilla for my taste. Check out the Republic of Pie for a sneak peak of what's in store. Great vibe.

Best rule of thumb is to choose an apartment in NoHo south of Oxnard St. The further south you go the more expensive it gets typically.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:25 PM

76 posts, read 236,517 times
If you want an idea of NoHo, they're having a holiday gathering tomorrow evening in front of pitfire pizza. They'll have local artists playing music, a tree lighting, etc.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:24 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Yeah true ,I do like noho arts and I think it's unique for the valley . I see this area improving with the economy going up. True Burbank and valley village more vanilla I guess . But with the hipness and edginess there is always the possibility of more crime etc. you have to see what suits you best.

Great suggestion on republic of pie . Definitely a cool spot .

I like that noho arts is kinda of a hidden gem in ways right now . It's still at the kind of young Stage . I know more bars and places areas will be opening too.

Also the metro redline station being right there is a huge plus. Hollywood / Highland in like 12 mins , downtown la in 25mins .

It would be nice to see more of north Hollywood be like this , so much of it is really bad the more north you get ...dirty, no decent dining options , street prostitution out in the open in daylight !

It reminds me more of a totally different country.but if u are in the arts district you would have to worry about that ..lucky you ! Unlucky me !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles