U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 AM

125 posts, read 411,074 times

Advertisements

I was on the 110 today with a passenger during rush hour but didn't use the Express Lane as I wasn't sure. Am I allowed to drive on the Express Lane free of charge if my car has 2 or more passengers but without the FastTrak transponder? How would the system know if I have 2 or more passengers in my car? How do I pay without FastTrak if I'm driving solo because I don't see any toll booth? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 01:17 AM

672 posts, read 1,777,271 times
You need a transponder to drive in the lane, even if you have two people in your car.

The transponder has a switch that you set to tell it if you have more than one person in the car. If you set it to more than one person, driving in the lane is free. If you set it to one person, you get charged for driving in the lane.

You can't pay without FastTrack. There are no toll booths.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM

2,079 posts, read 1,990,981 times
Mike121 is right. This is a recent change and will soon affect areas of the 10 as well. I've read where they have already given out tens of thousands of tickets. Go to the Metro site and read about it (citydata doesn't like links posted to other sites or I'd post it here).

Old 12-01-2012, 11:56 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,950,452 times
I drive on the 10 freeway quite often--and I have a question:

Right now, a certain SGV section of the 10 freeway's HOV lane requires 3 occupants from 4PM to 7PM. Any other time it is a regular 2-occupant HOV lane.

Once the 10FWY ExpressLane is operational, will it retain the current 3-occupant rule and require at least 3 occupants to be free from 4-7PM?

Old 12-01-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
I drive on the 10 freeway quite often--and I have a question:

Right now, a certain SGV section of the 10 freeway's HOV lane requires 3 occupants from 4PM to 7PM. Any other time it is a regular 2-occupant HOV lane.

Once the 10FWY ExpressLane is operational, will it retain the current 3-occupant rule and require at least 3 occupants to be free from 4-7PM?
It's too complicated to go into here - best to go to the Metro site and read all of the info so you get the full story. City Data doesn't allow links to other sites so I can't give you a link but the site is easy to find via google or bing.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:36 PM

1,714 posts, read 2,950,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
It's too complicated to go into here - best to go to the Metro site and read all of the info so you get the full story. City Data doesn't allow links to other sites so I can't give you a link but the site is easy to find via google or bing.
Thanks--no one on other boards and forums seems to have mentioned anything about it and this kind of minor detail is usually not in Metro's PR stuff. I guess I will look harder.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 PM

3,162 posts, read 8,262,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Come again?

Read up on the CD-TOS.

http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Here is a link to metro's site: https://www.metroexpresslanes.net/en/home/index.shtml

Old 12-01-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Come again?

Read up on the CD-TOS.

http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Here is a link to metro's site: https://www.metroexpresslanes.net/en/home/index.shtml
Good for you. I've seen so many posts with the links cut out - things just like this - that I just don't do it at all.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 AM

3 posts, read 35,521 times
Angry Another way to rob californian's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike121 View Post
You need a transponder to drive in the lane, even if you have two people in your car.

The transponder has a switch that you set to tell it if you have more than one person in the car. If you set it to more than one person, driving in the lane is free. If you set it to one person, you get charged for driving in the lane.

You can't pay without FastTrack. There are no toll booths.
HOV 2+ $0 on the head screen as you enters the HOV, thinking HOV (car pooler are allowed free)?
Yet they failed to notified driver ALL must have the devicem (which is not free)
How the hell people would guest?
Those road was built using our gasoline tax.... yet they found another way to rob travelers?
SHAME TO THOSE WHO MADE THE HOV ONLY CAN BE USED IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY!
SHAME SHAME SHAME

These will be another foolish idea's made by idiot's elected to do good, yet made things worse?
They sold the HOV lane to FAST TRAK company... like what they did with the RED LIGHT SYSTEM?
SHAME SHAME SHAME

Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 AM

3 posts, read 35,521 times

HOW DARE THEY SOLD OUR ROAD FOR WHICH WE PAY TO BUILT FROM GASOLINE TAXES!
NOW THERE IS NO MORE HOV KNOWN AS CAR POOL LANE NO MORE, IT IS PUBLIC EXTORTION.
SHAME TO THEM FOR MAKING STUPID CHANGES LIKE THE RED LIGHTS ON EVERY CORNERS.
i HOPE THE GOVERNOR GET RID OF THESE UN-AMERICAN STUPID LAW.
SHAME SHAME SHAME....... WE PAID FOR THOSE ROADS........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles